How to stick with you diet during the holiday season?

tabitha561

Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle
Reaction score
Like my title says I dont want to gain the weight I lost over the holiday.. What is the best way to not gain weight during the holiday season? i exercise everyday I power walk 4 miles :)

Unfortunately you can't out exercise a bad diet. Generally, I don't make meals any different. If you go out, try using portion control methods (ie. protein the size of your palm, grain the size of a tennis ball, 1-2 cups steamed veggies).

Most people gain weight because they use holidays as a free for all or they feel like the science of calories in/out doesn't seem to apply then... :) And that's why gyms are always so packed on Jan 1. Treating the holiday like "a holiday" (and not 2 weeks before, 1 week after) usually nips it in the bud.

"But it's the holidays" <--- not in my vocabulary.

I agree with Aliss. I'm determined not to start 2012 by needing to lose loads and loads of weight!
I will be keeping up my exercise regimen as normal. I'm planning on a takeaway on Christmas Eve, I'll eat whatever I want on Christmas Day, and then back to normal on Boxing Day (apart from a buffet tea at MIL's).
I've got four different meals to go to on the run up to Christmas, but I won't be drinking at all of them and I'm planning on making healthy choices.

It's simple... eat just in certain days. You can afford to eat as much as you want one day per week. Don't worry, you won't gain any weight!

I just try to only eat more than normal on christmas day and maybe boxing day but the rest of time still eat healthily cos it's kind of impossible to eat healthily on those 2 days but I don't think it will make much difference I might put on about 2 or 3 pounds but that won't be very hard to lose again! :D

It's simple... eat just in certain days. You can afford to eat as much as you want one day per week. Don't worry, you won't gain any weight!

Is that a fact?! :dohh:

Gee I wish :shrug: You can blow your weekly deficit in one day, hell, one hour - easy. If it was that damn simple, everyone would be a supermodel. LOL

im gonna eat what i want christmas day and boxing day. Although im hoping what i want will be less by then. But i will work my but off till chrtistmas eve tea and start again december 27th. having 1 or 2 days off is gonna help start your weight loss agagin anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"