How to tell him

clarebo9

Reaction score
Hiya ladies
I just need a little advice.......
Its been 4 yrs or so since I was here in first tri, being my 4th preg I knew straight away. I told my partner and he had very mixed emotions for the first half of my pregnancy, he refused to talk about it at all, and if im honest, I actually thought he was going to leave me :cry:
At our 20 wk scan we discovered we were having a son, and from that day he changed, he was the most loving doting daddy to be, id ever met. He is an amazing father to our 4 children and I adore him for that.

Fast forward to today..........I took a test Sunday that was positive, I have tried to pluck up the courage to tell him, but I have failed. I just cant seem to form the words I need. What do I say? and when? he works long hours, and so do i. We have little time together and I am worried hes going to run, as this isnt what we had planned. I just feel so lost, I have no one in real life that I can talk to :cry:

Hi sweetie, no help I'm afraid but i didn't want to read & run! Huge hugs to you, it sounds like a hard position to be in. xx

My advice is that you both need to have a serious conversation about your future together. The longer you wait to tell him the worse it will be for you in my opinion, the harder it will be to have the words to say.

"Honey, I need to talk with you about something. I know that you work long hours, and I do too, but somehow we managed to make another baby."

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. If he's not happy about the child, just agree that after it's born he'll get a vasectomy. (I'm a firm believer that whomever doesn't want a child should be the one in charge of birth control)

If he hasn't ran after 4 though, I doubt he'll run after 5. He may be in shock for a while as well, but life is shocking and full of surprises. Just be gentle with him and as understanding as you can be in your situation.

If it gets bad, seriously consider seeing a marriage counselor.

That ^^^^ sounds like great advice! I can understand being nervous but maybe it will go better than you think!

Agree that pp's sound.like great advice. Sorry you feel this way on the first place though :( xx

Go in positive and stay positive, " hey hunny, i have something to tell you, i know we never planned for this but its happening and tbh after the shock i started getting a little excited, we are gonna be having another baby! " going in negitive will set the tone for the conversation and would be more likely to be drama

Then wait for a response, if he gets annoyed walk away and let it all sink in, then talk to him about it later when hes got his head straight!

Hope your ok! and Congratz on ur new pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->