How to tell husband?

corgankidd

Soon to be mommy of three
Reaction score
I just got my :bfp: today and I really want to tell my hubby in a fun way but I'm not finding much inspiration from Google. I have a 3 year old son and would like to include him in the announcement. Did any of you do something different or fun to break the news to you DH?

I bought my son a tshirt that said "best big brother" and also a "congratulations on your baby card". He didn't notice our sons tshirt so I gave him the card and whilst he was opening it/reading it I asked if he liked our sons tshirt.

He eventually realised and was really shocked/happy

That's cute :)
I'll probably end up doing something like that as well.

I really wanted to do something creative, but I tested earlier than I planned due to impatience and so my husband was home and there was no way I was going to be able to not tell him right away with him there.

My idea was like Kmx, to get a "big brother" shirt and put it on my son and let my husband notice it.

I've seen a bunch of cute ones on YouTube, not a lot of the ones I've seen included a sibling but there are so many pregnancy reaction videos on there now I'm sure they'd be easy to find.

Congrats!

Pinterest has so many cute ideas. Although the tshirt thing is cool too.

Good idea! Pinterest is good for everything
I'll also be checking out YouTube videos. Thanks ladies!
By the way, I am amazed with myself that I haven't told a single person yet! :haha: I am the worst secret keeper so this secret is pretty much killing me, but I haven't spilled the beans yet! \\:D/

I'm the same - I haven't told anyone except OH and I'm surprisingly enjoying having it as our secret. So much so that I don't feel ready to tell anyone yet where as previously I would have been telling everyone by now.

I knew I was going to cave. As soon as my DH came home from work today I practically shoved my digi into his face and yelled "LOOK AT THIS :test: !" Yeah not creative, video worthy, or smooth at all, lol!! Oh well, at least I don't have to think about how I'm going to do it now. :haha:
Kmx - I would love to wait as long as possible to tell other people but we'll see how that goes....I have a feeling just about all my friends and family will know by the end of the week, lol.

Im doing an "only child expiring sept 2016" shirt lol

Haha that is how I told my husband! Just showed him the test when he walked in the door!!

We also haven't told anyone. With our DD we told when I was almost 6 weeks. Am now just over 7 and we still haven't told. I would have to agree, it is kind of fun :haha:

The day I found out I just went and picked up all of my wine shipments from the wine clubs I'm a member of, so I got 12 bottles and my friends got their shipments too. Now they are saying they want to have a wine party...I dnt know how I'm going to get out of this without them suspecting something's up.

Yep. That will be tough!! Can you just keep saying you are too busy/have things on for the next 6 weeks?! Lol.

I have a friends birthday at the end of the month & they will for sure know something is up when I don't drink. I might just have to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->