How to tell parents!

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
Thinking ahead here but wondering if anyone else would be in the same situation! When the time comes I am worrying about how to tell my parents. They are very closed about anything like this & I struggled to tell them I was engaged when my husband asked me so have no idea what I would say to tell them I was pregnant! They are quite prim & proper with ideas of the right time to do things, I definitely think they would think I should wait longer than this to have a baby - basically I am expected to develop more of a career beforehand ( money and career are always their top priority for me! ). Don't get me wrong I'm sure they would be happy but I can't help but think they would be a little disappointed at first. To me it makes perfect sense for me to do this now as I can look at a career later - I'm not someone who wants to be massively rich, just a job with enough money for my family is fine for me! Any advice appreciated! :flower:
xo.

Don't worry dear! Every couple has different set of priorities and I don't think parents should expect the same from their kids. You are doing what seems right to you at this point and its a mutual decision from both the partners. As long as you are ready for it you shouldn't worry about what your parents will think. I'm sure once thisthought of having a grandkid sinks in they'll be more than happy to be grandparents. :)

Since they are prim and proper. How about go out for dinner and then make an announcement :)

I was 21 when I fell pregnant with my daughter and was so nervous about telling my family but I just came out with it then at 23 I fell pregnant again this time with twins I basically rang my family and asked how much they enjoyed being grandparents etc and told them they had to enjoy it a bit more. They all accepted it and I've had my grandma ringing me since I was 12 weeks asking what I'm having so she can start buying clothes, hopefully your parents will be excited about being grandparents x

Thank you I guess it's one of those things I will just worry about until the time and then afterwards think what was I worried about!
xo.

Yea it just falls out and there's only 2 ways they can take it hopefully they will take it well and be happy your giving them a healthy happy grandchild

I like telling parents with scan pictures. Always seem a bit more real when they can actually see a baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->