How to transition to fully weaned?

P.Lily

Proud first time mummy
Reaction score
Hello,

My 11mo is currently on 4x 7oz bottles a day, as well as 3 meals and snacks in between. She finishes each bottle, and gets upset if go longer than 4hours in between the bottles-does this sound right? I know every baby is diff, but I'm wondering how and when this should be reducing? I know food is just for fun before 1, however her appetite is hit and miss, and i am uncertain as to the consensus of how and when she should be having less milk feeds.

Thanks in advance.

I'm obviously not an expert but to me that seems like an awful lot of milk at that age. My LO was on 1 or 2 bottles at that time and I'm pretty sure most are on 1. As you said, all babies are different, but it might be beneficial for you to start encouraging her to drop a bottle and as she's nearing a year old it might be a good time to start ditching the bottles altogether!
Does she drink from a sippy cup? Does she have water? When we reduced the number of bottles Lucas had we started giving him drinks of water from his sippy cup instead. Then when he hit 1 it was bye bye bottles and hello cow's milk from his sippy cups.

He will now have 2 sippy cups of milk (if he has cereal/porridge for breakfast he'll just have the 1 cupful of milk) along with his meals and snacks and drinks of water throughout the day. x

I would only give half the amount of milk in her second bottle of the day and offer a snack at the same time, I would also try to give it in a beaker too. Once she has accepted that do the same for her 3rd bottle of the day, swap to a beaker and give a snack. Then when you feel she's ready do the same with her first bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->