How to use public washrooms?

maddog37

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but when you need to go wee in public and have LO with you, what do you do?

I've just been holding it in until I get home, but that's probably not a long term solution. I'm afraid of leaving LO in a stroller outside the stall in case of kidnapping, but often there isn't enough room for a stroller in the stall. Even if there is room in the disabled stall, the floor is usually strewn with questionable puddles and toilet paper. Ew.

I nip in the disabled loos apart from that you could take LO out of the pram into the loo's sit her on your lap whilst you pee) and leave the stroller outside :shrug:

<3

Disabled or the baby changin loo normally has a toilet. Or i go to someones house (usually ohs as i have a key n its closer to town) if im desperate xx

I was thinking this the other day... glad to hear some responses.

Oh! I didn't know baby changing rooms have washrooms! We've just avoided changing him in public altogether.

I can't take LO in and leave the stroller outside. Paranoid someone would steal stroller (which has the carseat, THEN how will we get home? Yes very paranoid I know) and as I use the hover technique in the washroom since it gets so dirty, I can't just sit baby on my lap. Guess I'll make good use of the disabled stall though!

Thx!

I use coffee shops/disabled toilet/baby friendly stores, they usually have big enough toilets to take the pushchair in! To be honest I wait till I get home though!

I use the disabled/baby changing toilets! I couldn't imagine Stephen sitting on my knee when I go for a wee.... how do you pull your trousers up!?

I use the baby changing/disabled loos, although I did wonder this for a while before I actually realised that they usually double up! x

I use baby changing/disabled toilets. Once in an emergency I had to leave her in the pram outside the toilet but it was the staff toilets in a shop (I asked very nicely!) so I felt she was safe (though she screamed her head off :( )

Well I don't go anywhere without OH so usually he just holds her :haha:
But if I was out alone I would use the disabled toilet or if she is in her carrier then I just go while she's strapped to me or just hang her from the back of the door with the carrier strap.

Normaly the disabled or changing facilities.
I did hto nip into a dry cleaners the other day to use a staff loo and take him in with me to sit on my lap while I left the buggy outside (the toilet was round the back and opened onto the street, more like a shed) there was no way I was leaving him out there in the buggy.
It was tricky but I have now learnt its possible to go and pull your pants up one handed with a baby clinging to you :)
My guilty secret is I used him as an exscuse to use the loo saying he needed it :)

I often go with her in the Ergo carrier. Both hands are free, and I can still hover over the bowl!

I use the disable toilet if its not available i take LO in with me

I don't usually go to the shops by myself, I'm normally with DH, my mum or a friend and I will have them mind LO while I go to the loo. If I am by myself I will wait til I get home or go the the parents changing room where I can fit the pram in the cubicle with me. I hate doing it though, I pull the hood on his pram right down to protect him as much as possible

I've done it while she's in the ergo but it's kind of difficult to wipe afterwards! I have short arms I guess... Once when I was at home and carrying her around I took her to the loo with me and when I went to break off some toilet paper I found I couldn't with one hand... tried to rip it off really quickly but all I did was make the cover bang into the wall which scared her and made her burst out crying :/

I always use the disabled loo, I had an old lady on a scooter ask me why I wasnt using the baby room and I explained that there wasnt enough room in that loo for me to take the pram in the cubicle and she said it was stupid :) It usually takes me ages to get in though because I always let people go in front since I dont technically need the disabled loo :roll: xx

Right this is probably way TMI but I have IBS and when I need to go, I need to go...there is no holding it in! I was out with the baby and needed to 'poo' instantly and I started to panic with what to do...do I give her to the receptionist?, put her on the dirty floor???What?? I took her in, had her on my knee and managed to go and clean myself up with one hand, fasten my pants and wash up...i felt sooooo proud lol If i can do that, I can do anything! hehehee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->