How well does your 24 month-old talk?

Leo is 25 months and is not the greatest speaker. He can copy every word you say but not sentences. If he wants milk its 'milk' If he wants to go to the park its 'park'....he shouts 'shut up' to the dog all day though:haha: I'm not in the slightest worried though, it will come, some kids are quicker than others but they all even out by around 3/4:thumbup:

MY LO speech isnt great, he tends to speak in his own language (found outs its called "Jargoning"), he does this constantly throughout the day and sometimes throws in a couple of real words, he speaks to me in this language and I reciprocate back, he loves it.

Ellis is 25 months and only has about 10 words if that and doesn't string 2 words. He "talks" lots but its like a made up language. Of the 7 babies we've known since they were a few weeks old at baby club he is the eldest and the least developed speechwise. My CM says that he never shuts up and wishes she understood him. I will admit I am getting worried now and considering seeking advice from my GP. My local HV useless; Ive not bothered with them since his 1 year check.

No, I wouldn't worry. I think that made-up-language speech is a sign of a bright child -- I really do! And plus -- I bet you anything there are words in there, but he's just not saying them clearly enough for you to understand. I bet you he's saying words, and you don't know it.

Thank you.

I do try not to worry but I find it very disheartening at times. He has no interest in books, himself or me or OH reading them but we constantly talk to him, offer him things "milk or Water" for example when giving him a drink. Point out body parts, colours ect. He's always been very advanced physically and is completely fearless, I dread taking him out at times.

H has just turned two and she is a good speaker :) her sentences are getting so clear now! Shes been able to put words together for a while but now shes started saying things like 'Mummmm, i have Maxies book please?' rather than, 'Maxs book mum'

She has a really good memory too, and ill often hear her talking to herself when she's meant to be sleeping, telling herself about everything she has done and seen during the day :rofl:

Good heavens! Mine certainly couldn't say any words at that age -- wow!

all she said was dada over and over again
used to drive me nuts :haha:

i posted a video on here ages ago, she was
born to chatter :rofl:

i think there is a definite trend towards girls having better language skills earlier than boys, but then I bet there is a trend towards boys having better physical skills earlier than girls. I think girls just like to chat!

Sophia is 21 months and is stringing together 8 word sentences now, apparently I was the same, verbal diahrreah my mum calls it :haha:

Zander is almost 19 months and can copy just about anything and says "is that ____" he fills in the blank with bubba or cat etc and he says "look at that _____" again he fills in the blank with what we are looking at he looked at me the other day and said "momma look at that cat" I was amazed lol because he is really just starting talking :)

Evie is only 13 months but does talk.

She can say;
Whats that 'ah dat'
Up
There it is 'eee is'
Bo (cats name)
Gone

I'm very proud of her speech, compared to others her age she is very vocal.

She is a very chatty girl even the most of it is babble she really tries.

A few other posters with excellent talkers mentioned the love for book and Evie loves books. We read all the time

LO said the other day " don't put that on my head daddy, mummy just brushed it"! I was open mouthed! She never babbled mam dad bab nan etc when younger so I thick she stored it all up! They don't normally start lots of words till at least 2, odd mum dad drink etc but going on toddler room at work lots don't speak well yet

Elizabeth is 14 months and can say a few things but can't walk and isn't interested at all. My son however could walk at 9 months but didn't talk till about 20 months.

Elizabeth says,

What's that ...watt dat
Get that.. Det dat
Dirty yuk.....dirt dirt uck
Dog ( even if it's a bird, cat anything that moves it's
Up
Mumma
Dada
Jj - her brother
Hello....eyo/iya
Ta
Garden...gargon ( as in round and round the garden)

Charlie will be 2 in August and never stops talking! I actually had to get him to take a deep breath the other day. He has to literally say everything he sees, so walking down the road it's:

'Charlie walking'
'Mummy walking'
'Birdie flying, doggy walking'
'Charlie got Mummy's handy'
'Busy road, busy cars'
'Van, lorry, car, tractor, digger, motorbike' etc etc
'lady driving car, man driving car' etc etc
'Hiya bus driver, bus drivers got glasses' :rofl:

He honestly doesn't stop pointing stuff out!! And as we go the same route most days, it's the same things he sees every day - think we need a new route to see new and exciting things :wacko:

Amy's quite a good little talker, she was 2 on Wed. I can understand her very well but of course I am her Mum! She maybe puts 3-4 words together, things like ' Juice all gone' 'Ollie gone out' 'Mimi Love you Mummy' etc. She never stops talking, she's a real little chatterbox lol x xx

Blimey, I thought La was a good talker at 22 months (puts words together and we can understand her for the most part) but I can't imagine her speaking in complete clear sentences in 3 months like some of yours!

She did make me giggle the other day though... My husband said 'when we get in it's time for bed for a nice sleep.' She replied, 'No! Want some boo boo!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->