how well is everyone eating?

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
i was reading in my pregnancy book about what your diet should be and it states how important it is to get enough protein. It said you have to have about 3 protein servings a day and then lists how you can get them. An example of 1 serving is 750ml of milk!! nearly a whole litre! i thought i was eating ok as i have lots of fruit and veg and now i'm not so sure. I'm a vegetarian as well.

I was just wondering if you guys were being very careful about what you ate?

Since I got pregnant I have gone off chocolate and sugary sweety things...I have craved milk, fruit and veg and even still cant get enough of fruit and veg!

Also I have been really into cheese sarnies too...

Am sure all things like cheese and yoghurts contain protein as do beans and eggs.

I eat alot of Turkey too( but obviousy as a vegetarian you wont be doing that) Do you eat a meat substitute? I would have thought that would contain protein too?

Emma.xx

hi emma. i do eat quorn but not everyday. will have to think about it all more carefully from now on. i've just downed some milk so that should do my bean well for a couple of hours :) Its very lucky that you're craving all healthy things and have gone off junk food - it makes it that much easier then!

Im terrible with the healthy eating, Iv always eaten well, but since becoming pregnant iv been getting terrible Migraines and really cant be bothered to prepare any type of heathy food so seem to be snacking on alot of chocolate, Im hoping these headaches do not last the whole 9 months!! I really need to get into gear with eating the right things!!

At the moment as I feel sicky I am eating what I want and when which today as been cheese on toast , wispa and hot chocolate made with milk ...I am not gunna stress on eating too healthy while I am sicky as long as I dont eat too much crap lol I figure any food is better then none xxx

I've just ate what I've wanted. I've gained 27lbs but I was small to begin with and bubs is just fine :)

im not eting very well at all im just never hungry!
and everytime i do im sick...it horrableee...!

I can never keep up. I do though try my best. We eat alot of chicken and I eat peanut butter on toast. I try daily with a glass of milk at least. And I take my vitamins for sure because I know for a fact I am not eating the best for my baby. Veryyyy hard. Once you start though eating breakfast for the 1st few days you end up getting hungry all day and it gets easiery to eat. When I had m/s ummm forget about it lol My eating sucked I ate small things through the day

I hate meat so in order to get my protein I drink carnation instant breakfast , it has lots of potein in it.

Hi Gemma Simone - I'm semi vegetarian (pescatarian i.e eats fish) so I get a lot of protein from there, but other than that I eat lots of beans (kidney beans etc) and quinoa - which is a complete protein with all amino acids. It is very good for you and so easy to make. Cheese has protein too, just make sure it is pasteurised.

Hope that helps

Hi there,

I am trying to be healthy, but because I still feel sick I am eating what I can and what I fancy.

My mum told me chocolate is good as it has endorphins to make you happy, so I do eat chocolate sometimes, haha :D

I wish I could eat more fruit and veg, but I just dont fancy it... trying to have home made fruit juices instead.

As for protein, I am drinking alot of milk, eating alot of cheese and trying to have more boiled eggs and meat.

I read in my book that you should try and eat healthy but in the first few months the baby has enough nutrients to grow, so I think its OK if you are not eating exactly what you think is healthy, or even if you are throwing it all up....

:hug:

With my first i had healthy cravings,this time around i just want junk food,and with my sickness being soo much worse then it was with my daughter,i just eat whatever i feel like.

hi im6 weeks pregnant and cause iv got such bad nausea im trying to eat anything when i can i got a craving for ready salted crisp at the moment but i sill love my fruit and veg lol xxxx:hug:

I haven't much of an appetite at all, but what I do eat is mostly healthy. Went for my first doctor visit last week and found out I've lost 8 pounds, but she said thats normal.

I'm off my food in the day, still eating but forcing myself to do so. My eating is picking up in the afternoon and I'm finding myself eating chrips :blush: I am trying so hard to eat more in the day but I'm feeling sickly so it's hard

I think my eating is better than it was. Im drinking alot more milk now then i used to and less sweets. Room for improvement though.

Food...ugh!

I have no appetite... and even reading a menu seems to make me feel nausea. I plan to go to a nutritionist and find out what foods would work when someone has these symptoms.

The only craving I actually have right now is for a refrigerator-cold Hershey's chocolate bar and I don't even eat chocolate!!

up until about 2 days ago i had an absolutely massive appetite, but now the thought of food makes me feel slightly sick. once i start eating i'm ok but i don't fancy anything at all. so i completely agree with you girls that just eat what you want when you want as feeling sick makes it so much harder to be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->