how well is everyone eating?

Hi Gemma Simone - I'm semi vegetarian (pescatarian i.e eats fish) so I get a lot of protein from there, but other than that I eat lots of beans (kidney beans etc) and quinoa - which is a complete protein with all amino acids. It is very good for you and so easy to make. Cheese has protein too, just make sure it is pasteurised.

Hope that helps

thanks viejita - i have had quinoa previously but didn't much like it. have you tried both the red and the white quinoa. i've only had the red one. maybe the white is nicer?

Im eating too well! I cant stop! Its terrible!! But at the mo Im craving crunchy apples and carrotts so thats not too bad :)! Oohhh and thick white bread with loads of butter and jam,mmmmmm!
Xx

I am veg too. You get protien from eating vegetables and whole grains within a day. These both contain incomplete protein but if you eat both you get lots of protien. Eggs, Dairy, Tempeh or soy products all have lots of protien too. Nuts and legumes. Protien is actually pretty easy to get enough of, most don't realise it.

I think a bigger worry as a vegetarian is getting enough iron and if your vegan B vitamins.

I eat pretty healthy, was vegan for 2/3 years prior to being pregnant, but craved dairy and eggs for awhile so just started to eat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->