how will i know if my waters are actually leaking?

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
For a bit of history heres the thread off my 28 week scan and clinic appt off earlier...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ek-growth-scan-clinic-good-not-so-good-2.html

Long story short, theres not much fluid around the baby.

The consultant done an internal and said he didnt think membranes had ruptured but couldnt rule it out... i had mentioned i kept weeing myself since yesterday and hadnt thought of it being waters but i keep having wet underwear... well i just got up and felt like i weed myself, went to the toilet and i have a rather big clear wet patch and it smells really sweet. No amonia smell like i get if it is wee and its completely clear?? surely though he would have know if it was my waters??

xxxxxxx

i think its hard for them to tell unless you actually leak when you are being examined. Waters smell sweet & if you are leaking slowly then that would explain the wet undies when you got up etc. If i was you id ring someone as if they have broken then theres a risk of infection. Good luck hun & let me know what they say. xxxxx

I think its difficult to tell unless its a constant leak, i kept having leaks and wet knickers and went to the hospital, first of all i had thrush and then a uti, all can cause an increase in clear discharge! Best to put a pad on if you think its your waters :hugs:

Hii, I've Been getting the Wet underwear, and i'm measuing 4 Weeks small, and just waiting for a growth scan letter through. bit worried i might be in your position now :|... I'll keep a look out on here!

xx

I would ring the delivery suite and ask them to see you because that's ridiculous- how can they not know? Surely it's their job to find out if they don't know. :hugs:

Iv had it but every now and again the wet patch and its not wee cause it isnt the colour of it or doesnt smell like wee its just clear :shrug: but it only happens every now and again.. i havent a clue what it is sorry no help :( but if you are worried give hospital or whoever a ring just to be sure :) xx

Hey guys soo sorry for getting back to you late! thankyou for your comments... im keeping an eye out and i havent had any since but i did think last night (sorry for tmi!) but they used a speculum for the examination, maybe it could have been the gel they used?? he did say there was alot of normal watery discharge up there but that he didnt think my membranes had broken and it was something to keep an eye on. I still get the odd wet patch but most of the time i can tell that its weeeee (eeew!! lol) lovely bladder control eh!? haha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was admitted to hospital over night on Wednesday after feeling a gush of fluid and my underwear was soaking and it was a really sweet smell - it was like water rather than discharge. The hospital just monitored the baby's heart rate and checked he was still free. In the morning they done a scan to check the fluid around the baby, which was fine, and then done an internal exam where the consultant confirmed my cervix was closed. The consultant said she didn't know what had caused it but took some swabs to check for any infections.

:hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"