How will you tell your OH you're pregnant?

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
I keep wondering how I will tell him when it happens. With DS he was there with me and even though it was special I want to do something different this time so it's completely unexpected. Any one got any ideas?

I would only ever do the test with DH with me, our first we couldn't and I hated it, I couldn't actually even tell him for 5 days as he was away with work and I wouldn't say something like that on the phone, I feel like it is something we should find out and experience together. I guess my opinion is skewed due to our first experience though!

My husband is a disney fanatic, so I am planning on buying some mickey ear type hat on etsy (the real ones are too big), and then him opening it up like a little gift. I'd have to have it shipped super fast, cause I don't know how long I could hide it from him. He knows my cycles lol. I told him I was late the other day (literally 0 chance of pregnancy), and he was like, Kim, I know, but you just have irregular periods. LOL

I am so torn on this. It will be our first time TTC. Part of me of course wants to do some surprise for him, but the other half wants him there with me holding my hand when I test. I felt like that more after I watched youtube videos of women taking live tests (I know I'm a dork) and when it came up positive and they were all alone or trying to be quiet and not too loud it kind of made me sad for some reason. Maybe I'm just crazy, but that's how I feel. Like when that positive pops up I want him beside me so we can jump up and down and scream together lol. BUT at the same time I think he kind of wants to be surprised and IF we were to get pregnant the 1st cycle (not gonna happen I know, but IF) I would be testing around the time of his birthday so it would be cute to get him a card or some little gift and let him know that way.

I tested on my own really not expecting a bfp as I just felt like af was on her way and had bad spotting. They were ics so I showed dh when he got home from work, but they were really faint so weren't sure. I went out the next morning to buy a frer and just couldn't wait. I handed him the testvwhen he got home. Next time I definitely want him with me, it's more special I think.

I ordered a onesie from his university and already have it wrapped. Since I always wake up earlier than him I have a vision of getting my BFP, waking him up and having him unwrap the gift.

...now I just need my BFP. Just a couple of weeks now until we TTC #1 :happydance:

I ordered a onesie from his university and already have it wrapped. Since I always wake up earlier than him I have a vision of getting my BFP, waking him up and having him unwrap the gift.

...now I just need my BFP. Just a couple of weeks now until we TTC #1 :happydance:

That's so cute! I wish I'd done something more exciting first time, this is a lovely idea. Hope you get your bfp soon!

I'd like OH with me when I do the test so that we can find out together. I think it would be so special and I want him to be as involved as possible :)

That's a cute idea. I watched this video on youtube where this couple had infertility problems but she finally got pregnant and she did the same thing. It was such a cute video.

I don't know! Part of me wants to do something cute and over the top but another part wants him to be there with me when I take the test. I'll probably take the test with him and maybe think of a cool way to tell friends/family

I don't know! Part of me wants to do something cute and over the top but another part wants him to be there with me when I take the test. I'll probably take the test with him and maybe think of a cool way to tell friends/family

I'm exactly the same, I hasn't asked yet if he wants to be there for every test (I guess it's unlikely to be first time) and I'll probably cry every time good or bad so part of me wants his support part y of me wants to tell him, think I might keep big announcement ideas for telling family

I have a cute idea in mind, but I doubt I'll actually do it. In the past, he's always been there with me when I take pregnancy tests, and I doubt it'll be any different this time except we'll be hoping for a positive haha :) (All the other times have been when my period's late and we weren't trying).

It's awhile off, but I will probably tell my husband I did something that's going be very expensive and we need to evaluate our budget. Once he sits down I will go to hand him a pen, but it's actually the positive test.

Subject to change, of course! When we are actually TTC I may end up being too anxious to wait and plan something!

I want to take him out somewhere - probably our one of our favourite restaurants - shout him dinner, and give him a card and a present (there are some uber cool geeky onesies that I think he will get a total kick out of). I think I will wait until I know for sure (POAS and the blood test) before I tell him, just to be certain and not excite him for no reason.

Is it weird I would probably text him? We text about everything:dohh: Probably just the picture of the test.

hmmm im a bit torn with this too. when i found out with my first it was unexpected and i found out alone in the drs office. then i went home and told oh. this time id like it to be special as we will actually be ttc so im not sure if i want him to be there to experience the test or if id like to tell him with a gift. need to think about this one!!!nice to here the ideas tho

My cousin put it in a Jewelry box. Two of them to confirm it was really happening. She's so fertile that if her OH looks at her she gets pregnant.

I think we spoke to much about ttc over the last few months so once I come off the pill in october and we start trying again I wont tell him any symptoms. I will just wait until I am a day late and then take a test.

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what I'll do this time around. Last time I yelled for him to get in the bathroom as soon as I saw the test start to turn positive and he just kind of stood there and didn't say anything, he just let me hug him and do all of the reacting for him. We weren't trying though, so it was a surprise to both of us. I don't think I'll have in there with me this time though. He loves surprises and I think he'd appreciate it much more if I told him in a cute way this time. I just don't know what I should do for the surprise. :dohh:

So I'm watching the show Hollywood Game Night and they were playing back to back which is like charades. It gave me the idea that my oh would guess that I'm pregnant while giving them clues. That would be fun. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->