How will you tell your OH you're pregnant?

I'm more and more guessing dh is going to want to be there when I test.hasn't had that conversation yet (think that's one for nearer the time)

*update* I asked him tonight and he said he hasn't thought about it, as directed he isn't ready to either

A friend of mine wrapped up the test strip as one of his birthday presents.

Really not sure what I will do this time round. Last time I woke him at 6:30am to confirm there really was a line (it was really faint). He didn't appreciate being woken up at that time of the morning! He isn't a morning person!!!

Might ask him if he wants to be there this time. But suspect he really wouldn't care either way. He really isn't the emotional type of man!!

Wrapping it up as a present sounds cute. Was your friends oh surprised?

Last time I took a test the morning before DH and I left for NYC. When we got settled into our hotel we walked to a local park. I was really worn out from the walk and we sat down together on a rock in this beautiful little spot. Anyway, I told him I had a surprise for him. I opened my purse, pulled out both tests I had, handed them to him, and said, "You're going to be a daddy..."

He completely freaked out and couldn't believe I'd made the entire drive to NYC in the car with him without saying anything lol. He was so excited, in fact, he told a stranger on the street on our walk back to the hotel :dohh:

My partners a gamer, so i would probably try to do something game related like 'achievement unlocked: make a baby!' or something with nicholas cage's face lol!

I've thought about this a lot over the weekend and I would have to be with DH when I took the test. We share all those moments together so I would want him by my side. We had a moment a couple of years ago when I thought I was pregnant and I took that test with him.

Maybe after #1 I'll feel like I can get more crafty.

My partners a gamer, so i would probably try to do something game related like 'achievement unlocked: make a baby!' or something with nicholas cage's face lol!

That sounds pretty funny. :haha:

With my first I done the test at work and phoned him crying to tell him. He was with me when I done the test to confirm the second pregnancy - as was our 16 week old daughter! Lol. Next time we'll probably do it together too, but what will make it different is that we've agreed not to let anyone know we're even trying - both pregnancies in the past my mum and my sister have both known we were trying. X

Think I'd defo have to do the test with OH, but think of a fun way to announce it after 12 weeks to family and friends!

I'll definitely do the test with DH. I'm terrible at surprises, he always guesses something is going on really quickly! :blush:

Tbh, I've never really thought about how I'd tell him. I feel like he wouldn't be too happy if it happened now, so I probably wouldn't do it in a cute, fun way.

With my DS (unplanned bfp) I tested when he was out for the day then later when we were in the car I just went 'guess what.. we're going to have a baby.' Lol, I want to do something really fun and special next time though!

With my DS (unplanned bfp) I tested when he was out for the day then later when we were in the car I just went 'guess what.. we're going to have a baby.' Lol, I want to do something really fun and special next time though!

That's one way to tell him. :haha:

I am going to buy a onesie from his favourite football team. I daren't buy it yet & jinx it though :(

Welp I ended up testing with DH there and I'm really glad I did as we got to jump up and down and cry together. OK.. I was the only one doing that, but he did hug me. :hehe: He doesn't believe it as it was a faint (but obvious) line. Can't imagine if I had been alone.

Welp I ended up testing with DH there and I'm really glad I did as we got to jump up and down and cry together. OK.. I was the only one doing that, but he did hug me. :hehe: He doesn't believe it as it was a faint (but obvious) line. Can't imagine if I had been alone.

Congrats!! :flower:

Honestly I have a million ways to do it, I can't pick one.
1. Give him a hamper with an ice hockey baby onesie and the teddy of his favourite team to give to baby. Include a daddy guide book for giggles.
2. Do a themed dinner and see if he can guess - baby corn, baby carrots, baby potatoes etc (we have a themed night once a week, yeah we are dorks.)
3. Get my nephew (we have him a lot) to wear a big cousin top.
4. Put an actual bun in the oven and tell him to look at what a fantastic thing I'm cooking
5. When shopping we always go to the baby bits, could be fun to actually take a neutral part and go pay for it. He should say "but we agreed to only buy things when your pregnant" and hopefully he will click on when he says it out loud and sees my smile :)
6. Upload a picture of me holding the test as his background on his laptop.
Not sure which one i like best xD

The first time, I found out in hospital, alone. I got a friend to pick me up and then drive me to his house whilst I was being transferred between hospitals due to suspected ectopic, and I just handed him my notes and told him to read - so terrible!

Second time around, I tested at his parents house when they were on holiday. I ran downstairs without looking at the test, he looked and asked what two lines meant, I just hugged him and we sat there stunned for about 10 minutes!

I think I would just tell him straight out. I wos save the cuteness for telling others!

Your ideas are so cute. I already know how pregnancy #3's announcement will go down:
1. Take test alone in bathroom, DH will probably be puttering around the house drinking coffee
-scratch that, he'll probably be chugging water before heading to bed because it'll be 12:30 in the morning and I'll randomly decide to take a test
2. Test comes up positive. Que the instant welling of tears (of joy of course. I'm a HUGE softy when it come to positive pregnancy tests)
3. Tears are done!
4. Run down the hall yelling "I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant! I.am.awesome! Yeah, that's right, I created a baby" all the while doing some awkward dance and waving my pregnancy test around.
5. DH will lean against wall holding his water jug with a smirk on his face and when I'm done with my "war cry" (that's what he calls it) he'll say: "you know, babe, it takes two to tango so can I get some credit here too?"
Yeah, that's how I'll be announcing it to him...again.:blush: Then I'll precede with my traditional "it was a fluke! Let's do six more pregnancy tests before I truly believe it" 1st trimester.

With my first I just showed him the test and said "ok now what?" lol we were 19.. With my second I took I picture of the positive test and sent him a picture that said "congrats daddy" as he was at work. With the next one I want to do something cute but not sure what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->