How will you tell your SO?

lovetocruise

Reaction score
If you aren't with your hubby when you test, how do you plan to break the news? I need ideas, testing on Friday. If it helps, this will be number 2 for us, dd is just shy of one year old.

You could buy a top for your DD saying big sister on it? <3

Ive been looking at youtube videos at how they did it, some are funny! :haha:

I had 4 FAINT tests yesterday, so I got a digital to test with this morning. My husband works nights, so I taped the test on a piece of paper and wrote "is this clear enough for you? <3" and stuck it to the door so he saw it when he walked in this morning.

I don't know if I could keep it a secret or test without him, we are so open with one another and we aren't apart for long on a normal day. I do like the idea of a surprise announcement though.

I like baking announcements, but I think that's just because I like food haha

I am going to tell him the same way I told him I was pregnant with ds. He didn't believe me and got pissy that I would lie to him (it took us 8 years to get pregnant so it's understandable).

Well I had whispered in his ear I was pregnant while he was getting ready for work. He was having a bad day and I told him I had a secret to make him feel better.

Needless to say he's told me how sorry he was on several occasions. So I'm hoping he has a better reaction with #2.

My oh was there for both the tests with our two girls. He has said he would like a surprise next time so I'm thinking of something that's not over the top but fun! &#55357;&#56832;

I had 4 FAINT tests yesterday, so I got a digital to test with this morning. My husband works nights, so I taped the test on a piece of paper and wrote "is this clear enough for you? <3" and stuck it to the door so he saw it when he walked in this morning.

This is pretty similar to how it happened with my first. I had a super faint pos, and since he couldn't see it he thought I was wishful thinking. He believed the digi the next day. We were on a cruise at the time.

I don't know if I could keep it a secret or test without him, we are so open with one another and we aren't apart for long on a normal day. I do like the idea of a surprise announcement though.

I like baking announcements, but I think that's just because I like food haha

I was with him for the first, but only because we are on vacation. We both work full time, but I always have Fridays off and won't test on a work morning because it's just too early to enjoy the results (4:30am).

Well ladies, I'm out for this cycle. Keep the ideas coming though, I'll need one eventually!

i plan on if it ever happens to buy a color change mug for his coffee that says your going to be a daddy. odd way of doing it huh? but after 2 years trying i want to make it special

Sorry to hear that lovetocruise.

I was looking online last night and read a cute little announcement story:

The girl told her hubby to hold out his hands, palms up, and close his eyes. In one hand she put poppy seed and in the other the positive pregnancy test. When he opened his eyes and said "what's this" she said "that's about how big our baby is right now".

The girl told her hubby to hold out his hands, palms up, and close his eyes. In one hand she put poppy seed and in the other the positive pregnancy test. When he opened his eyes and said "what's this" she said "that's about how big our baby is right now".

That is so adorable!!

So sorry lovetocruise. :hugs:

Sorry to hear you are out this month lovetocruise, but Fx for next month!!

I bought a book for my husband, "Dad's Guide to Pregnancy for Dummies" and hid it. When I (hopefully) get a BFP, I'm going to gift wrap the positive test in the box with the book and have him open it. We are TTC #1, so figured some reading material for him wouldn't be a bad idea! Haha

Aww, you girls are so sweet! I'm shockingly ok, we're ready for our second so they can be super close in age, but I'm enjoying having just one for as long as I can too.
When ttc our first, I was so bummed every time af showed up, but I'm taking a much more relaxed approach this time. Not tracking, temping, charting, just bd whenever we feel like it.

I couldn't wait to think of a better idea to tell dh as he was so grumpy the morning after I found out so...

I asked him to hold out both his hands. He did. And I put a little poppy seed in the one hand. He asked ' what's this?' so I said ' that's prob the size of your baby right now..' and then I put a bunch of my positive tests in the other hand. He looked and the seed and then the tests for a couple seconds almost dropping them, then asked ' you're pregnant???' lol

I've bought a West Ham sleep suit to put in a box with a bit saying "we meet our baby in...." He's mad about West Ham and it was even the theme of our wedding so it's perfect

Both times I did the same thing. I tested and got a positive, then waited and tested with DH and let him read the result. That way we found out "together" lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->