How would an ultrasound at 6w5d be done?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I have my first ultrasound appointment for Nov 6th where I will be not even 7 weeks yet... Will this likely be done transvaginally? What can I expect to see?

Yes you will very likely need a vaginal scan, they won't get a great view from your tummy. You should see a heart beat around the 6 week mark xx

Usually they go trans-vag. But it depends on the equipment. My OB was able to see everything perfectly with just an abdominal ultrasound At 6.5 weeks but his machines are state of the art so it really depends. You will see a blob with a flickering heartbeat xx

I had one at 6 week 5 days..vaginal ultrasound saw lil blob lol with hbeating xx

They will usually try abdominal scan first, and since it's so early it might not give them a good visual, so at that point they do a transvaginal.
It depends on the tech.

I've had 2 u/s, both transvaginal. At 5+4, we saw sac & yolk. At 7+3, we saw baby blob and heart beat!

I just had one at 6w6d and it didn't need to be a transvag. I had a transvag one a week earlier and the pic was clearer in that one. Anyway, it will depend on what they can see but it's totally possible they won't need to.

I'm nine weeks and they're going to do a vaginal scan. They said they always do it with first appointments at my hospital because it's a clearer picture and they are more likely to catch any early issues. The ones after should be abdominal.

I had one at 6 weeks and it was vaginal and one at 7 that was abdominal xx

6w3d they did trans...I am obese, but they said they do that with everyone so that they get a good view and that the newly pregnant don't have to hold urine as long (because my Lord, I'm going a ton right now). I saw the peanut and a flickering heart beat. Not strong enough for sound, but they said it was normal...I go tomorrow for my 7 week scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->