How would you break the news to your OH?

OP, I think that's how I'm gonna be. I'd say I'm probably gonna test with him there and when we'll either look at the result together, or I'll look at it, and start crying and just shove it in his face. :haha:

That may definitely happen inspite of all my planning to surprise him :)

If I end up being lucky first cycle, maybe I'll hold off telling him for a couple days so I can tell him for his birthday - I could write on a card that one gift isn't here yet, then put some onesies in the gift bag, or something like that!

We talk to our cat like she is a baby so if my partner wasn't in the flat when I found out I might mention to our cat that she'll be a big sister and see if he catches on. We always ask the cat (I don't really know why) "Who's a cat!" and she looks at us like we're idiots (which we are) so maybe I could ask her "Who's a big sister!".

I saw this idea on pintrest and haven't yet decided if its for DH or the rest of the family!

But it'll be a picture of dd with a sign saying "only child expires (insert year here)". Although I'm also set on buying dd a t-shirt that says big sister so I just need to work out which one for who :haha:

I'm going to give him this onesie with the positive pregnancy test wrapped up in it!! <3 (My husband is obsessed with Mustangs and just bought a brand new one!)

View attachment 673407

Haha these are brilliant fun ideas :D I could definitely play on the cat baby bit, ours is our furry baby!

It might be fun to think up Xmas surprises too, plenty of excuses to come up with strange presents :)

i havent thought about this too much yet, but I really want to surprise him. Im not sure what to do for him yet, though. I dont want to involve the kids right away but im not sure what else to do. I will have to think about it. You ladies have some great ideas. :)

I test alone too, but I don't think I could wait to tell DH. He works away so I'd try to wait till he's home an spill the news but I'm awful at keeping secrets.

I think I want my husband with me when I test. I might just pee on it and hand it to him and make him tell me the result!

I think I want my husband with me when I test. I might just pee on it and hand it to him and make him tell me the result!

That's what I would want to do. And preferably do the test at night or in the weekend so we can spend some time together after testing.

With my first baby, I was so shocked, it was a month before we were getting married. I found out the day my husband was getting back from his stag do so he was a little bit delicate. I wrapped up the test in wrapping paper and handed it to him. He said "what's this" and started shaking it, "is it a flute?" And then started pretending to play a flute with the pregnancy test. When he finally opened it he was like "whhhaaattt" it took him a day to be able to talk to me but he was happy when he had got his head round the idea!

oh dear well no one wants to know how i told my dh the first time around lol.

but for the next one i'll probably get our son a tshirt that says "big brother" and have him wear it - see how long it takes dh to figure it out hahaha. i'll probably have to resort to my son just saying out loud "mama has my baby brother or sister in her belly right NOW!" or something.

or maybe we'll go out to eat and when dessert comes i'll ask the server/cook to please write in chocolate on a plate that i'm pregnant. like say "baby #2 coming 2014" or something similar lol and have them put the plate in front of dh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->