How would you respond? -- "Are you pregnant yet?!?"

Yea, I decided if anyone has the nerve to ask me, I'm going to tell them the truth. I think it is something that is not talked about and people do not realize that it happens to 1 in 4 women. :cry:

yeh i was asked wether i was pregnant yet two weeks after a mc and they knew what had happened lets just say i ripped her head off :blush:

My idiot brother asked me this about a month AFTER my MC and he knew about, i just said i don't know and was silent, he soon dropped the subject

yeh i was asked wether i was pregnant yet two weeks after a mc and they knew what had happened lets just say i ripped her head off :blush:

GOOD FOR U!! I had a dream/nightmare the other night about a "friend" who is really annoying me - WHENEVER I see her she's questioning if I'm preggers yet and telling me to get on with it................ I just want to SCREAM at her!! :flower:

I normally say, I dont intend on having Children I want puppies!!

I did lose it though once, not long after MC, someone asked me when were going to start a family, to which I sarcastically responded with would you like me to ask you about your sex life?? cos that's basically what your asking me!!

:blush: I was having a bad day.

But I honestly think it's just a rude question that I wouldn't of ever asked anyone, even before I thought about TTC.

It's like when you go to a wedding, christening, basically anything other than a funeral and you always get that one irritating person that says, ooohhh it will be you next!!! aaarrrrggggghhhh sometimes people annoy me, sorry got a little carried away there

So today I went to a baby shower for a close friend of mine and a mutual friend of ours actually asked me "are you planning on TTC soon, etc.". I was up front and honest with her and said, "actually I just had an ectopic pregnancy this month". She turned around a said, I had an ectopic pregnancy also and had 2 miscarriages before she had her first child. I was shocked! We talked for a bit about and it and said she was then blessed with 2 beautiful children ( one 18 and one 20).

I am glad I did not hide the fact about my ectopic pregnancy.

yeah iv found that since iv had mine, the people who know about it have either lost themselves or know someone who has, its mad that its so taboo, guess people just dont know what to say.

but then I read something that made sense just after my loss. it said you will feel like people have moved on and forgotten when your still greiving, but that its because there isnt really anything for them to moarn, they didnt feel any differentm they couldnt see anything, chances are you would be treated different if there was an actualy baby, even though its the same feelings.

Made alot of sense to me and thats what my DH said to me. We had a massive row one night cos I felt he didnt care, cos i was falling apart and he just got on with it. He said the same, all he had to go on was my word nothing changed for him

Jparr - I'm glad you did not hide the m/c. Like we discussed, if someone has the nerve to ask you (which I'm actually surprised she asked you given what she had gone through), they should be ready to hear the truth. How was the shower beside that? Was it as terrible as you thought it may be? I can't imagine having to go to one right now. I don't think I could.

I get asked this all the time, I'm 37, been married 5 years in May with dh for 9 years, either that or like you say, the comment that always grates, it will be you next grrr.

I generally used to just say no, when asked if trying, sort of dead pan cuts most people dead.
I don't suppose they mean any harm, but obviously knowing what we all go through I would never ask this to anyone, as you never know what they may have or might be going through, but people who haven't gone through this torment, well tbh, it's probably the last thing on their mind.

My cousin text to tell me she was pg and after 4 m/c's herself she was frightened to tell me as she knew what she had been through and how I would be feeling, she text me to let me know before she spread the news, as she didn't want me finding out from anyone else, which I really appreciated.

On the other hand, dh aunties, like to have a good gossip now and then so I hear as to why we "don't" want kids!!!

Well, after my stay in hospital with my last ectopic, I guess that will shut them all up for a while.

Hoping we all get our sticky soon xxx

Jparr - I'm glad you did not hide the m/c. Like we discussed, if someone has the nerve to ask you (which I'm actually surprised she asked you given what she had gone through), they should be ready to hear the truth. How was the shower beside that? Was it as terrible as you thought it may be? I can't imagine having to go to one right now. I don't think I could.

To be honest, it was pretty sad. I almost broke out into tears a couple of times. I sat there thinking about what my baby shower would be like and how I would be smiling from ear to ear. One day I suppose...

To be honest, it was pretty sad. I almost broke out into tears a couple of times. I sat there thinking about what my baby shower would be like and how I would be smiling from ear to ear. One day I suppose...

:hugs:

Yes, of course, one day, and soon. Have faith.

Before we were TTC, I didn't think about people asking whether they were starting a family as I've got friends who are unable to conceive/fertility problems so know that it's a sensitive issue. But, yet, it was "THOSE" that kept asking me when we were going to start a family. We'll get there ladies, NEVER say NEVER :thumbup:

I suppose it is 'those' that ask the questions, because they feel like they can handle the truth and are happy to talk about it?

Ok, there are the stupid nosey ones, too :grr:

I read your comment about the babyshower. Now I'm a mad mad woman: I'm organising a surprise shower for a friend tomorrow. We would have been due at the same time. I think I'm trying to make a point to myself that I have grown and can deal with these situations? Oh-oh...

I suppose it is 'those' that ask the questions, because they feel like they can handle the truth and are happy to talk about it?

Ok, there are the stupid nosey ones, too :grr:

I read your comment about the babyshower. Now I'm a mad mad woman: I'm organising a surprise shower for a friend tomorrow. We would have been due at the same time. I think I'm trying to make a point to myself that I have grown and can deal with these situations? Oh-oh...

It's really hard I know and for me I can't go to any baby shower at this time, I know I will be able to in the future , but right now I would break down and I refuse to ruin anyone's special day :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->