Hpt lines! Worried?!

Cupcakeyum

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm hoping youll be able to make me feel better!

Last month I miscarried at 4 weeks after testing and getting a faint line on the day of my due period.

This month I've been getting positives again, and I think they're gradually getting darker. The hpt I did the day of my due period was defo lighter than the test I did two days later. My first line was a squinter whereas my second was faint, but easier to see. For around two days it's stayed the same(crazily, I've been testing about 3 times a day haha).

Today I got a tescos test which also came up positive. It was still faint but much easier to see than any of my other tests. My worry is that I'm now 3 days late for my period, 17dpo, so shouldn't they be darker than they are? I'm so sure I ovulated on time because my breasts started getting sore the day after my ovulation. I'm just so worried because of what happened last month....

What do you think? Am I being too paranoid?

The image attached is a test i took this afternoon x

Attachments

• image_zpseyp9uaka.jpg
    image_zpseyp9uaka.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 80
Didn't want to read and run - not sure I can help, but if you are wanting to check progression lines you need to use the same tests - the frer ones personally I think are best for progression - for me the tesco ones weren't very good. Also, I was testing twice a day (once am and once pm) and my pm ones were darker because I was drinking so much water before bed my FMU was so dilute! Also, my progression on the frer's wasn't clear until I was comparing ones that were a few days apart.

Attached below a pic which I'm not sure will help but shoes the progression and how slow it was for me! (And how the results varied on different tests!) X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 53
Thank you so much. That's makes me feel slightly better. I was testing about 3 times a day with Internet cheapies but read somewhere that they don't always go darker, which is why I thought I'd try a different test. It's the darkest line I've seen yet but I still wish it was darker so I could feel better. I'm going to wait awhile to use the second test.

Again, thank you and congrats!

Hey, didn't want to read and run, so sorry to are going through the this anxiety, I'm now 5 + 4 and can't get the worry out of my head about MC. Your line does look really faint but this is the first time I have ever had a BFP so I don't have much advice to give you, once you get a positive people do say don't test again as we can become obsessed with lines becoming lighter/darker. So just enjoy the moment and try not to worry, here is a picture of my pregnancy tests at 11, 13 and 17 dpo so mine were pretty light to start too, don't forget everyone's hormones increase at different rates :), keeping my fingers crossed this is a sticky one for you. Hugs xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 37
Thank you so much! Worrying seems to be a never ending cycle with ttc! First it's worry about actually getting pregnant and then it's worry about staying that way! I think it's comforting to know that my lines are darker than they were lastmonth, so that's something I guess.

Congrats on your pregnancy! They look like very lovely lines! Hopefully mine will get that dark soon :).

I'm sure they will! Maybe just test again in a couple of days, that's what I did and I was still worried haha!! It really is a never ending worry, I'm actually debating paying for an early scan just to reassure me, we have wanted this for so long it's so hard to think it could just be taken from us! Good luck with the pregnancy and most importantly don't panic :) it's out of your control so we may as well just enjoy it whilst we can xx

Yeah ill do that! Ive got another tesco test left so ill try to resist for atleast 3 days haha. I know what you mean, its so hard. Ive yet to call the drs and am debating whether i should. I dont feel like i can accept that im pregnant until my lines are darker. So i might wait until i feel more confident xxx.

Thats very true! And good luck to you too! Xx

Step away from the blue dye tests! Lol they are infamous for false positives, and they take a while to get darker. You might not have even been pregnant last time, if it was a blue dye squinter. I've gotten faint positives with tap water on those things. I recommend Wondfos. You can order from Amazon and they pick up hcg at 10 units rather than 25-50. FRER showed up later than wondfos for me every time.

This was actually my first blue dye test haha. Previously ive been using the pink ones as ive heard theyre better. Honestly i just wanted to see what would show on a different test haha. I cant believe you got a positive using tap water! Thats so bad.

With my pink dye tests, i got a few squinters where i had to tilt it in the light to see if it was really there or not but they have gotten somewhat darker. The lines not as dark as id like but i can see it without having to squint or move it around in the light. Id say that the blue dye test had been my darkest postive yet but i dont if thats because its a different brand as i ran out of my pink ones!

Hopefully im just being paranoid and all will be well :). Congrats on your pregnancy btw!

Lol thank you, and I'm glad to hear that you got positives on the pink dye tests. Can you ask your doctor to do qualitative hcg tests just to put your mind at ease? I miscarried last month, so when I fell pregnant a couple weeks later I called my doc who ordered hcg tests 48 hrs apart to see that levels were increasing properly. They were tripling and then some, so all appears good.

I was SO positive I ovulated when I thought I did and was super worried when my first response early result came back only faintly positive like two days before myou missed period. Ultrasounds showed that I ovulated a whole week late! You also have tone remember that every test is different and every brand is different. Where FRER was super dark clear blue was super faint.

I had a chemical back in October so have been obsessed with poas every walking moment this time! The lines are looking a lot more positive this time so am starting to relax a bit.
I hope you are reassured soon by some beautiful dark lines! Your hormones could just be taking a while to get into gear, or maybe you did ovulate a little later than you think.
Fingers crossed for you and try to chill out :flower:

Thank you ladies! :). As you can see from pic below, the lines are more darker than before! That test was taken about 3 days ago. I think i probably did ovulate or implant late. Im tempted to test again soon just to see if theyll be any darker than that :haha:.

Thank you for the replies! :)

Attachments

• received_10207998066693478.jpg
    received_10207998066693478.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
I had a chemical back in October so have been obsessed with poas every walking moment this time! The lines are looking a lot more positive this time so am starting to relax a bit.
I hope you are reassured soon by some beautiful dark lines! Your hormones could just be taking a while to get into gear, or maybe you did ovulate a little later than you think.
Fingers crossed for you and try to chill out :flower:

Oh and fingers crossed for you! I know exactly how stressful those lines can be so i pray its an easy time for you and hopefully, a sticky bean! Good luck and all the best!

Thank you cupcake - I've officially stepped away from the tests now - the last ones I did, the test lines came back darker than the control lines so I'm feeling pretty good.
With my chemical they didn't change much at all from the day AF was due to the day I started bleeding.

If you test again, just leave it another day or two, there should be a nice difference between that and the previous test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"