HPT question?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I think the First Response tests that say you can test 6 days early are apparently about 25miu, whereas the Superdrug ones that claim you can test 4 days early are 10 miu. So how comes First Response says you can test as early as 6 days whereas FRER are less sensitive but claim you can test 6 days early? I'm confused.

as above
i got nothing on a frer yesterday and today got a faint positive on an internet cheapy which is 10miu.
good luck!
x

i did a super drug one and an frer at 7 dpo and got bfp on both but frer was defo stronger

The claim about the number of days is bogus for even the most sensitive of tests. Women and their babies are all different and they will not all have a set amount of hCG in their urine on a set day due to a number of factors like how much hCg the baby produces (different rates for different babies), when the baby implanted, how the mother metabolizes hCG into their urine.

Just remember that sensitive is better as long as the sensitivity is clinically proven. Things like the amount of ink in a test can make a difference too.

Thanks everyone. Pretty much what I thought. Well I've bought some Superdrug 4 day early tests so I'll give them a go in the next day or 2. Fingers crossed this is my month. I've turned down a glass of wine tonight just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->