HPT question?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by susan_1981, Apr 21, 2009.

1. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

I think the First Response tests that say you can test 6 days early are apparently about 25miu, whereas the Superdrug ones that claim you can test 4 days early are 10 miu. So how comes First Response says you can test as early as 6 days whereas FRER are less sensitive but claim you can test 6 days early? I'm confused.

2. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I think its just a marketing scheme on FRER's part!

3. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

as above
    i got nothing on a frer yesterday and today got a faint positive on an internet cheapy which is 10miu.
    good luck!
    x

4. carrieanne

carrieanne Well-Known Member

i did a super drug one and an frer at 7 dpo and got bfp on both but frer was defo stronger

5. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

The claim about the number of days is bogus for even the most sensitive of tests. Women and their babies are all different and they will not all have a set amount of hCG in their urine on a set day due to a number of factors like how much hCg the baby produces (different rates for different babies), when the baby implanted, how the mother metabolizes hCG into their urine.

Just remember that sensitive is better as long as the sensitivity is clinically proven. Things like the amount of ink in a test can make a difference too.

6. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

Thanks everyone. Pretty much what I thought. Well I've bought some Superdrug 4 day early tests so I'll give them a go in the next day or 2. Fingers crossed this is my month. I've turned down a glass of wine tonight just in case!