HPT question

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
Last month my period was 5-6 days late and I had a pregnancy test done at planned parenthood. It came up negative but the nurse said that I should take another one if my period didn't show up. It did (I think?) but now this month I am pregnant and according to my dates, 4w3d. My question is this: when I took the test, a first response one, the line came up dark within less than a minute even with non-first morning urine. I was reading about tests on babycenter and it said that often times, four weeks is too early to detect a pregnancy, what have your experiences with HPT been like?

I'm worried that I actually got pregnant last month. :/

I've just moved to a new state so don't really have immediate access to health care :(

I had strong positives after about 13 DPO, which is earlier than 4 weeks. I would imagine from what you've written that you probably got pregnant last month. But the only definite way to know will be with a dating scan. :flower:

Damn :( deff no way I can do that for a while unless I can talk my old ob into booking me an emergency scan in my old state or something :/

I mean, last month it felt like a period, lasted about the right amount of time and all.

Tbh, I'm not sure what I'd prefer tho, first trimester scares me so much, I'd like to be through it ASAP. :haha:

When will your healthcare kick in? Would you be able to get a scan then? Do you have private scan companies where you're from? As over here you can pay like £50 after the 7 week mark to get a viability scan.

It must be really awkward not knowing, and then not having the access to healthcare you need! :hugs:

That's a good question :/
Things have been very upside down lately, I wasn't planning on being pregnant just yet. I'm from the US and private insurance is out of the question right now because OH is out of work. I'll likely have to apply for Medicaid which can take 2-3 months. Ultrasound places in my old state don't accept back dated insurance either so would have to pay $1-200 out of pocket.

I'm in the U.S. and my cousin got pregnant without any insurance. She had to go to the health department where we live and take a pregnancy test when it came up positive they have her a letter and all she had to do was call the Medicaid office. I'm not sure but she acted like it is more rushed through once you are pregnant because they want to make sure that your baby is taken care of.

Good luck!

I did a First Response at 9DPO, which was 3w6d for me. And it came up positive, sort of faint but there was no denying it was there, if that makes sense.
Did your test line show up before the control line, cause if that happened that would definitely be a good indicator that you might've been pregnant since last month, but some people do get dark tests around 4w3d. What DPO was that???

Mine showed up darker than the control line the day after AF was due. I didn't even have time to put the test stick down. Congrats and hope you can get access to the care you need asap though! :hugs:

Estesbaby: The first time I was pregnant, it took them about two months to get my application through even though they knew I was pregnant. That was CT. It might be better here in New York. I may call them cos we went to department of human services but the woman didn't speak English well and seemed a bit oblivious. "You two are both unemployed with a child and a second on the way..so what's the problem?" ....it was frustrating.

Eltjuh, what does DPO mean?

Do u have clear blue digitals over there and it tells u how many weeks u are ??

Yup my FRER showed up at 9DPO as we had been TTC. So yes they can show up that early.

Do u have clear blue digitals over there and it tells u how many weeks u are ??

I don't understand how they work. Online it says they will show 1-2 week, 2-3 week and 3+ but surely they aren't basing that off the way weeks are usually calculated? If so, that might help.

No, they base it from when you concieved. Do if your ovulation is normally on cycle day 14, you'd add two weeks :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->