Hpts getting lighter.. Happened to anyone?

Mississippi03

Mom to 1
Reaction score
Im 5+5 today and used a wondfo this am.. My line was about half of what it was anytime over the past 1.5 weeks.
Im going for a scan thursday at 6 weeks but now im convinced im losing it and have zero hope.
Has anyone had this happen and actually gone on to have a viable pregnancy?

You have no need to keep testing, if you have no bleeding or pain, then just relax and enjoy being pregnant, good luck with your scan

I really don't think you should panic over a hpt Hun. I know it's hard but too many factors can influence the tests, urine concentration etc. I'd say if your really concerned I'd ask your doctor for repeat blood tests. It's the only way you will really know if your levels are dropping. I'm sure all is fine though :)

It might be the hook effect? That happened to me.
Test again, but when you have pee in the cup, before you dip the test, dilute the urine with water (I did it half/half). Then the test looked right again.

Good luck x

I'd call my RE and discuss this with him/her. Maybe they can run another test and see what's going on. Are you on progesterone? I would feel more comfortable talking to the nurse or RE.that's what you are paying them for. Plus, it'll give you a peace of mind. I'm sure they are used to all kind of questions. Just yesterday I emailed my nurse to ask when we can resume BDs :).

It might be the hook effect? That happened to me.
Test again, but when you have pee in the cup, before you dip the test, dilute the urine with water (I did it half/half). Then the test looked right again.

Good luck x

I thought about this but i thought hook effect didnt happen until after 8 weeks?

I think my scan will be. The best reassurance for me..but if for some reason anything feels off im going to ask for repeat bloods again.

I just have this thought in the back of my head like yesterday i felt pregnant.. Today i dont.

I am on progesterone. Havent had any bleeding or spotting so far... But i wonder if the progesterone could be delaying that??

Tests are rubbish for telling you what's going on. There's so many variables that could effect the results that it's really not accurate. Stop testing!! Xx

I had the hook effect at 6 weeks with my son (nearly 16 months now) hopefully its just that, loads luck for your scan xxx

I had the hook effect quite early too- I was sure I was losing the baby, I cried for an hour before testing with the diluted water. Might as well give it a go? :shrug:
Good luck. If you want bloods done, just voice your concern, I'm sure they will do it for you :) good luck x

I tried it with diluted and it was darker.. Not as dark as last week but def darker then this morning

Yeh that's what happened to me - it means that it's time to stop testing, and relax a little. Your levels are too high now for hpts to be accurate.

Good luck at your scan :hugs:

I agree! Can't wait to hear the good news after your scan:) xxx

I'm sure you are fine. Looking forward to your scan update x

Just had my scan.

Theres ONE wee little babe in there

Tech told me I was 5+6 today (im actually 6 weeks) and little babe was measuring at 6+4.. so I guess she has me measuring 5 days ahead which is great!

And we saw the little heartbeat which was 120bpm!

Super happy and relieved

That's great news hun! Guess this is a good case why I should not do any more tests lol xxx

Amazing hun :) congrats, defaintly hook effect it made me panic too at 6 weeks :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->