HSG and Hysteroscopy question for you all

questforbaby

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I am supposed to start fertility testing next week (am on CD 1 today). I have scheduled all my appointment (HSG, hysteroscopy, bloodwork).

Trouble is - my husband is out of town for the next couple of weeks. But I am desperate to get these tests done this cycle because I have plenty of scheduling conflicts in July/August, I have guests at my place and it won't work out.

I asked the clinic if I could take a cab back and forth for the HSG and hysteroscopy and they said it was ok. But I am still kind of scared if it's going to be too painful. We are new in the city, and we don't have any other friends who can accompany me.

Will I be ok to do the HSG and hysteroscopy without my husband around? (sorry if I sound like a wuss)

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm in the same boat. I'll be going to my hsg by myself, too, and I'm terrified! However, from what I have heard, it will be intense for like 4 minutes and afterwards, it'll be fine. A little cramping, but pretty much when the procedure is over, the pain stops. I plan on driving myself to and from the appointment.

When is your appt? Good luck! :hugs:

Thanks, hun! Good luck to you too :)

My appointments are all scheduled for next week - sonohysterogram on 6/6, HSG on 6/8 and hysteroscopy on 6/9. Are yours scheduled back to back like this too?? We're going to be so sore by the end of this!!

Thanks, hun! Good luck to you too :)

My appointments are all scheduled for next week - sonohysterogram on 6/6, HSG on 6/8 and hysteroscopy on 6/9. Are yours scheduled back to back like this too?? We're going to be so sore by the end of this!!

My hysteroscopy is on Friday and hsg on Monday, so at least I'll have some time to recover. The sonohyst was this morning and it was nothing at all. They talked to me the entire time about where I'm from, etc., which I recognized as a distraction tactic, but I was thankful! It was over in 5 minutes and was not painful at all, just like a pap.

I just hope we can bd soon after all of these tests...I'm getting my hsg on cd11, so I won't have much time to recover before fertile time pops up. At least I know I usually o later, like cd15-16. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->