HSG day 13 - do you think this will be ok

hayz1981

mummy to IVF miracle
Reaction score
Well cycle 10, month 12 TTC has begun.

I called up the hospital today to get my HSG booked. My period actually started late Weds night but as I was on holiday until saturday, today was the first time I could call up.

Anyway, it's my 3rd cycle calling them and both times previously they said they were fully booked and try again next cycle. So I told them I was cycle day 2 rather than cycle day 5/6 to maximise my chances of getting an appointment. This time they've managed to fit me in on 6th October at 9am. This will be cycle day 12/13. I know you're not supposed to have an HSG after cycle day 10, but as I've never ovulated before day 18, I'm thinking this will be ok.

What do you think? Should this be ok? We're not supposed to BD until after the HSG anyway, so I'm thinking it will be ok anyway?

hey chick yeah it should be fine, but you might be out for that month if you have already ov'd by then, mine was also on cd13 last month, good luck xxx

You would probably be better off avoiding :sex: before you have your HSG - just in case. I had to sign a disclaimer before they would carry mine out. What's one month if it helps to get some answers?

x

Thanks ladies.

Spoke to OH and that's what we're going to do - not :sex: until after the HSG. To be honest, my cycles are always fairly long, I cant imagine I'll ov until at least a few days later. But as you say Maz, even if I do ov early, if it gets me answers, missing one month TTC isn't the end of the world.

:hug:

I had my HSG done on CD10 and usually OV between CD9-11. I was using my CBFM at the time and didn't detect a peak that month. I'm thinking that the dye perhaps interrupted that - but like you say, one month isn't going to be the end of the world - and a month with no symptom watching is great!!!

I had my HSG done on CD10 and usually OV between CD9-11. I was using my CBFM at the time and didn't detect a peak that month. I'm thinking that the dye perhaps interrupted that - but like you say, one month isn't going to be the end of the world - and a month with no symptom watching is great!!!

true, it's like a rest month, without the emotional rollercoaster!!

Well I had my HSG and it was all normal apparently - no blockages.

But oh my god was it painful. Admittedly the pain didnt last too long and afterwards I just had aching. But during the procedure I actualy cried at one point. I really just thought it would be uncomfortable like a smear, not painful. Oh well, it's over now with the result I wanted, so I'm feeling good today.

Cycle day 14, temps are down, no fertile CM, but let the BDing extravaganza begin.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->