Hsg question

rosababy

Mom to 1
Reaction score
I had my hsg yesterday, and while it was very uncomfortable, it was not as bad as the hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy!

However, the results were strange. Most of the dye went through the tubes, but a lot of it pooled at the top of the uterus and appeared to go through the blood vessels, rather than the tubes. Doc was not sure what to make of it, and might have to do a laparoscopy to see what's up. I have my consultation tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have some answers and an action plan.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi rosababy, did you have your follow-up consult today? What did the doc say?

I had my HSG today and I was dreading it so badly but I didn't feel the slightest twinge or cramp or anything (maybe it was the 600mg Ibuprofen?). Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to even look at the monitor or ask the doc what he found. So won't be able to share my experience there.

I hope your appointment was good and the doc has reassuring and encouraging things to say for next steps.

Take care!

Thanks! :hugs: The doc said he's not sure, so we're doing a laparoscopy next cycle to see what's up. He said it may have been my uterus saying enough is enough because I had so many procedures done last week. Who knows. He thinks my tubes are open, but is puzzled at the dye going through the wall of the uterus. We'll find out! He suspects some endometriosis. Hopefully it'll be that, he'll laser the crap out of it, and we'll do an IUI next cycle.

I'm so jealous that you didn't have any pain! That's great! Usually when the tubes are blocked, it causes pain, so hopefully that's a good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->