HSG today-My experience and results... a bit long.

somanyboys

Reaction score
Short summary: blocked left ovary, temporary fixed cervical stenosis:

Welp, just like many of you i read and tried to prepare for for the HSG procedure and took my 2 tylenol (not ibuprofen because i had a gastric bypass) an hour before and 1- 30 minuts before..just incase i would obsorb the pain killers too fast. Layed in the cold flat metal table for about 15 minutes before they started ( felt like torture just waiting). The doc and technician explained what was going to happen and it took 30 minutes. While it was being done, doc was explaining to me what he was inserting and that i was to feel pressure ... i felt sharp then pressure pain..
(more like a baseball bat up in there with the occasional twinges) but for about 20 minutes, not gonna lie- it hurt- like the worst period cramp I had in a few years and i had to lay still and feel every part of it( and i was remembering how i had pierced my cheeks for dimples and how if I made it through that pain i could make it through this)

[[[ mind you i had gastric bypass and i might have been able to absorb the pain medication so it might have contributed to my pain but i was also blocked so i heard its more painful when something is wrong]]]:cry:
.... so, when i was laying there i was just breathing like if i was having a baby just getting through the wave and suddenly i was shaking but because laying there bare ass was getting me cold ..it did take my mind of the pain for a bit and it was also kind of amusing seeing the tech and doc wondering if i was going into shock of pain or just cold. reasrude them i was just cold so they were nice enough to give me a blanket...so i tried to lay still for the final, then doc told me i had a couple of problems.

Reason it was painful was because i had a "tight cervical canal" then that it was also a bit "crooked" then when he finally got the catheter in my uterus my left fallopian tube was blocked.:nope::cry:
... so i cried ( not from pain), tech gave me apple juice because the shaking and nervousness caused me to have low sugar...everyone tried to make me feel better about one tube still open and that my cervix was open so to have sex after 24 hours ..that maybe sperm couldnt get in before because of some cervical stenosis (closed/tight cervix)?
Anyways.. that was MY experience.. something wrong=pain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"