Hubs can't keep his lip zipped!!!

harlantr1

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll be 7 weeks. We've decided how we want to announce our little miracle to the world and ordered the "prop" we will need to do it, but I think we should wait until my first ultrasound which will be at 9 weeks. My husband wants to tell the world as soon as our "prop" arrives......I'm torn. We've told close friends and family and I'm not particularly superstitious but people are getting to me with this bad luck stuff!!! Makes me crazy! Has anyone else announced early on?

I'm not a believer of "telling" having any effect on the health of a pregnancy. The only thing I would say is wait until you're okay with whomever you're telling also being a person you would update if something were to go wrong. This is the rule of thumb I use in pregnancy.

If I know I wouldn't have a problem telling of a bad situation to someone then I'll go ahead and tell right away. If it's someone that I don't normally go to for personal issues, I wait. It's important that you're both on the same page though. Although he's excited, talk to him about how you feel and he should respect that. It's SO exciting to announce, but I've also been on the other side and have had to tell people I'm not very close to about a loss and it can be hard to repeat yourself over and over while grieving.

I don't think there's a rule or situation that fits all people, it's a varying and personal decision so just go with what feels right for you!!

I agree with Eme..With our DD we waited until 12wk as it was our 1st pg..With our last pg we told our parents and close friends but then Chinese whispers started and more people than we though knew had heard so when we found out at 12wks we had lost our baby we then had to tell people but I still had people asking how the baby was etc and it was heartbreaking.
With his pregnancy we haven't told anyone...well I've told my mum but she's sworn to secrecy. We aren't telling anyone else until we've had our scan at 12wks and know everything is okay :))
I'm intrigued to know what the prop is?!?! We are having a family bbq to tell everyone together then there will be a text sent out to friends/family I don't see that regular but want to hear from me then it will probably go on fb with a photo of my DD in a t-shirt saying 'Big Sister' xoxo

We told only immediate family at 5 weeks. We announced it on Facebook at 9 weeks, a week after our 8 week scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->