Hubs said "get to charting!"

free_spirtd

Expecting #1!
Reaction score
woo woo!! I'm super stoked to have something to distract me from wanting a little bebe. Been having some good talks lately and I'm really hoping we start sooner than later....although it's looking like later.Hubs said start charting so we can know more about how my bod works and then also to try the natural family planning technique of preventing using temps, ect. I don't know why I'm so excited, except that I'm 27 and never been "all the way" as far as him not pulling out, and this means that I can at least have a little more fun :happydance::happydance::happydance:.

Anyone with any advice for a new time charter? I signed up for FF and planned on setting my alarm for about 8am to temp. Thanks in advance! :flower:

Wow! Impressed your hubby know what charting is, mine wouldn't have a clue!

Going to start charting soon myself for the first time :)

Yo yo- I explained to him a month ago about as possible way to prevent (I know it might not be the most reliable) but we try and go as natural as possible (I've never been on bc). So he said get to charting so we can see what's going on in there lol :).

Reenywoo- I'm sorry I don't have any advice I'm looking for it too :)

As a charter on my 29th cycle of preventing (boo :(), I would recommend a few things:

1: Get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It has everything you could ever want to know about charting both to prevent and to conceive. Seriously, you need this book if you want to chart!

2: Do not listen to what FF says about your fertile and infertile times if you are still aiming to prevent. FF has one purpose in life - to get you pregnant! Its 'infertile' windows are much more lax than you need if you want to use FAM to prevent, so go by what TCOYF says about using some other method (whether withdrawal, condoms etc) during your potentially fertile period. The book tells you how to work this out, as it varies according to your cycles, e.g. I make hubby pull out between CD5 and 3DPO, but if you habitually ov early, you might not even get away with CD5 as a safe day.

3: Chart a couple of cycles first before relying on it for contraception. You need to learn how to read your body's signs and interpret them, and you can only do that by experiencing them.

Reenywoo, don't worry if you don't temp at the exact same time every morning. As long as you do it the moment you wake, before you do anything else, before you move, sit up, have a drink of water, anything at all! As long as you've had a good stretch of sleep immediately before temping (the recommended is at least 3 hours), you should be good, especially if you're within 30 minutes or so of your usual temping time.

I'm going to look into ordering it today thank you! :) very good advice :)

Thanks. So the most i do is reach over for my therometre lol. Ive being trying to do reaearch on this and looking at people bbt charts to notice when ovulation happens. I still puzzled on that. So once a do a few charts ill post on here for some help lol. Thanks

It's not too hard. I set an alarm for 7, temped and recorded it and went back to sleep. My chart is linked to my siggy but not sure if my bfp chart still pops up. You are looking for a significant rise that stays up. .4*F is what I looked for. I just used a regular digital thermometer orally. I also told my friend how to chart and she was pregnant her first cycle. She's mid to late 30s.

I've been loosely charting for a while.
I mostly use the FF app as advance warning to when AF was going to show up. The last few months, I've actually started keeping track of everything (cramps, tender breasts, etc) just to see what normally happens during my cycles, so I don't go crazy with baby fever if I get the slightest symptom before AF shows up.
I don't bother with temping, as I can't be bothered. If I have difficulties getting my BFP this time, then maybe I'll think about starting.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I just ordered my book for Taking Charge!! I am beyond excited :), something new to obsess about ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"