• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Huge temp spike then back to cover line means no ovulation?

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
First month temping...temps have all been around 97.3, then I got a huge dip around the time of my positive OPKs (97.20) followed by a huge spike (97.7). I got excited because I thought for sure with the EWCM and the positive OPKs I was ovulating. Well immediately after, the past two days it went right back down to the coverline (97.34), and my OPKs are negative. So that means I did not ovulate right? So glad I am spending all this money taking 10 pills a day to not ovulate.

Since I cant post my stupid chart...Here are my temps

CD 8- 97.02
CD 9- 97.32
CD 10- 97.32
CD 11- 97.39
CD 12- 97.75
CD 12- 97.34
CD 13- 97.34

My I also mention that my lower abdomen feels like I did 1000 sit ups. It was painful to lay on my stomach last night, and also painful on the right side yesterday to take a BM.

I'm not positive, but my guess would be that your body geared up to ovulate and then didn't. I would keep monitoring CM and taking OPK's...a lot of times when that happens to people, their body tries again and ovulates later in the cycle.

Sorry :\

I'm not positive, but my guess would be that your body geared up to ovulate and then didn't. I would keep monitoring CM and taking OPK's...a lot of times when that happens to people, their body tries again and ovulates later in the cycle.

Sorry :\

I figured out my chart on here...do you have an opinion based on the temps...also in horrible pain today.

What day did you get your positive opk i can't remember the date.i was asking because i read quite a few things online where the ladies got there positive with ewcm and didn't ovulate until 3 days later they knew because they got pregnant that cycle it also said some women get ewcm a few days before they actually ovulate

I think that it may become more clear after giving it a few days to monitor your temp....but.....if I had to guess based on what I'm seeing, I don't think you ovulated. I think your body probably geared up to ovulate and then didn't for whatever reason. I like to stalk charts (a little obsession of mine), and I've seen many anovulatory charts where there was a positive OPK, the temps tried to go up, but then didn't. Now...your body may try again soon. That seems to happen a lot in situations like that. I'd keep an eye on things and look for signs that it is gearing up again, such as more fertile CM and of course another positive OPK.

Good luck and I hope it starts cooperating for you!

I think that it may become more clear after giving it a few days to monitor your temp....but.....if I had to guess based on what I'm seeing, I don't think you ovulated. I think your body probably geared up to ovulate and then didn't for whatever reason. I like to stalk charts (a little obsession of mine), and I've seen many anovulatory charts where there was a positive OPK, the temps tried to go up, but then didn't. Now...your body may try again soon. That seems to happen a lot in situations like that. I'd keep an eye on things and look for signs that it is gearing up again, such as more fertile CM and of course another positive OPK.

Good luck and I hope it starts cooperating for you!

Yep, that was my thought too. I wonder why I am in such horrible pain today. The cramping/bloating/burning sensation has been on and off all day, and it much worse this evening. I cried out a few times from the pain. Wondering if a cyst is bursting. I ovulated on CD14 (today) last month, so Im all confused this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"