hummm, its hitting home.

cosmotbear

Expecting number 2 :-)
Reaction score
Well, did pretty much the last of my internet shopping yesterday. A few baby bits like small flat sheets and one of those cool tummy tubs to bathe babs in.

Then...well it was all my stuff. Scary!! A couple of cheap nursing bras to tide me over the first week, breast and maternity pads, perineal cream :shock:, raspberry leaf tea (!!), birthing ball, hypno CD, cream for 'down there' afterwards, breast pump with storage bottle, bags etc.

I think I realised I was actually going to have to go into labour!!!!:help: Its been all cute and nice till now and suddenly this shopping list was not so cute and nice. Anyone else had a reality check lately??

Well, did pretty much the last of my internet shopping yesterday. A few baby bits like small flat sheets and one of those cool tummy tubs to bathe babs in.

Then...well it was all my stuff. Scary!! A couple of cheap nursing bras to tide me over the first week, breast and maternity pads, perineal cream :shock:, raspberry leaf tea (!!), birthing ball, hypno CD, cream for 'down there' afterwards, breast pump with storage bottle, bags etc.

I think I realised I was actually going to have to go into labour!!!!:help: Its been all cute and nice till now and suddenly this shopping list was not so cute and nice. Anyone else had a reality check lately??

No but I have now after reading the amount of aftercare products I need to buy for 'afterwards' lol :dohh:
I mean I've seen women in labour (The Sex Education Show anyone?) and that was bad enough, but I was able to kind of...put it out of my mind. I mean, it's a whole 13 weeks away yet...right? But now I'm like 'Oh crap there's so much stuff still to get, half of which I know nothing about!!!'
I'm gonna be so rubbish :cry:

No but I have now after reading the amount of aftercare products I need to buy for 'afterwards' lol :dohh:
I mean I've seen women in labour (The Sex Education Show anyone?) and that was bad enough, but I was able to kind of...put it out of my mind. I mean, it's a whole 13 weeks away yet...right? But now I'm like 'Oh crap there's so much stuff still to get, half of which I know nothing about!!!'
I'm gonna be so rubbish :cry:

The Sex Education Show was an eye opener alright! Not as scary as I thought tho!!

The Sex Education Show was an eye opener alright! Not as scary as I thought tho!!

I watched that too. I think i'd kidded myself into thinking that labour was gonna be a breeze......then i watched that and had a realisation that its not. lol
I have to say i'm not too worried about the labour - but now i've hit third tri i'm definately starting to think about the labour a lot more and the fact that in 13 short weeks i'm gonna have a 5 year old, a 7 year old, my hubby and a newborn to look after.

Why am i doing this again?????? LOL

omg, I was just gonna write a thread just like this. I was just talking to one of the other mums at DS's school about how I've only got 4 weeks left, and we're moving house on monday and how crazy it's all gonna be, and it just hit me how close it is now! I've not really thought much about labour because I've got to move house before that can happen (hopefully!), but it just dawned on me that I'll be in my new house this time next week and then there's no major events to concentrate on other than having this baby. It's so scary!!! I'm so so excited, but absolutely terrified at the same time.

Please dont make me think about things like that lol ... i dont want to, it scares me lol

lol pp - I remember being 28 weeks and thinking I've got AAAAAGES to worry about all that. It seems like yesterday. It's just around the corner!!!

Me!!!! I'm so nervous it's already making me bad tempered, well that and the trapped wind, breathlessness, heartburn, piles, insomnia etc..........:dohh: lol!!! Having been through it twice before I know whats coming and if it was like the last one (1hr 45mins) it'll be great but what are the chances of getting 2 easy labours?????

We have so much to do yet too (the house, new bathroom, new bedroom furniture I'm getting quite stressed!!!) BUT I'm soooo excited too - I can't wait............. :happydance: xx

I'm still at the blissfull stage of not thinking about it :lol: i have soooo much to get ready and i keep putting it all off. I want something to do in the last few weeks and since i'm so positive i'm going to be over due i'm not wanting to have everything ready.

Please dont make me think about things like that lol ... i dont want to, it scares me lol

haha! I'm with Jenna here PP - time has FLOWN since I joined 3rd Tri and weeks are just disapearing. Have decided to start hospital bag. DEEP BREATH.

Me!!!! I'm so nervous it's already making me bad tempered, well that and the trapped wind, breathlessness, heartburn, piles, insomnia etc..........:dohh: lol!!! Having been through it twice before I know whats coming and if it was like the last one (1hr 45mins) it'll be great but what are the chances of getting 2 easy labours?????

We have so much to do yet too (the house, new bathroom, new bedroom furniture I'm getting quite stressed!!!) BUT I'm soooo excited too - I can't wait............. :happydance: xx

:hugs: ah bless you! And you've done it before. Maybe you can beat your own record this time and go under and hour and a half!!

omg, I was just gonna write a thread just like this. I was just talking to one of the other mums at DS's school about how I've only got 4 weeks left, and we're moving house on monday and how crazy it's all gonna be, and it just hit me how close it is now! I've not really thought much about labour because I've got to move house before that can happen (hopefully!), but it just dawned on me that I'll be in my new house this time next week and then there's no major events to concentrate on other than having this baby. It's so scary!!! I'm so so excited, but absolutely terrified at the same time.

eeeeek! Good luck with it all Jenna!! Cannot believe you're moving house, I would not be able to cope!!

:hugs: ah bless you! And you've done it before. Maybe you can beat your own record this time and go under and hour and a half!!

I praying for that!!! Hospital is only 10 mins away lol!!!!!

I've been having a real reality check, especially today, after finding out how big bubs is now. Can't get my head around the fact that he/she could be here in hardly any time at all. Having a mild panic now that everything is not ready.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->