Hungry ALL the time!!!

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

With my previous pregnancies (8 and 6 years ago), the only thing I craved during first trimester was tomato juice, cucumbers and tomatoes. And that's about it. Plus I had major MS, throwing up everything. It was bad. I have even lost weight.

Now, with this pregnancy, I don't know what has changed (me thinks maybe its a girl and is actually good to mummy), but I have a very moderate morning sickness> I feel sometimes nauseous, but never actually throwing up.

What I do feel is CONSTANT hunger. It's getting ridiculous by this stage. I wake up, have 2 toasts. 30 minutes later - I MUST eat again!
And it is like that ALL day long!
And mostly carbs... I have struggled with my weight for as long as I know, and it took me 3 years after my youngest to get myself in an OK shape.

I normally don't even eat bad carbs... And generally am very careful with what and when I eat. But now it's out of control. Worried I'll put on a huge amount of weight... But if I don't eat, I feel nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded and completely 0 energy.

Today am finally thinking about going to the gym, to do some light exercise. But I am seriously thinking about taking some food with me! (That would be a site - me on a treadmill with a sandwich in one hand) :dohh::dohh::dohh:

Will this extreme hunger EVER stop?

I have already gained 6kgs by just having to eat all the time ... same with me if I don't eat I feel sick

the dr shouted me on Monday and said I can only pick up another 10kgs

I have already gained 6kgs by just having to eat all the time ... same with me if I don't eat I feel sick

the dr shouted me on Monday and said I can only pick up another 10kgs

Major hugs!:hugs:

It's so overwhelming, isn't it?? These hunger pains is nothing I ever experienced before. And I can't control it!
Thinking about boiling myself a huge pot of veggie soup without the potatoes and try to fill up on that.

Also, hopefully nausea will wear off soon and I'll be able to stick with more protein. At the moment, the thought of any protein makes me sick.

soup makes me super hungry ... LOL before I found out I was pregnant and thought I was just late coz of a tummy bug I could only eat soup but was still really hungry afterwards

that is me right there give me carbs and Im happy any protein makes me sick ... I however try to have some peanut butter I know its probably not as healthy as nut butter but at least Im trying to get some protein in

I'm the same. I literally think about food all day long and have to really use willpower not to constantly eat. Im so scared I'm going to be the size of a house in 8 months time. Weighed this morning and have gained 4lb, I'm not even 7 weeks yet . I'm hoping this will ease off. With my last 2 pregnancies I gained about 10-12lbs and had 9lb babies.

I'm the same. I literally think about food all day long and have to really use willpower not to constantly eat. Im so scared I'm going to be the size of a house in 8 months time. Weighed this morning and have gained 4lb, I'm not even 7 weeks yet . I'm hoping this will ease off. With my last 2 pregnancies I gained about 10-12lbs and had 9lb babies.
Please tell me how you managed to only gain 9-10 lbs!!! You must have exercised a lot? No?

Please tell me how you managed to only gain 9-10 lbs!!! You must have exercised a lot?

I ate pretty healthy but Def not restricted.. During the first pregnancy I did a lot of walking (to and from work) because my car broke and with the second I was active with my then 2 yr old. I didn't get very big at all but the babies were both big, towards the end I could hardly catch my breath because my lungs were so squashed. Oh the joy... all to come again x

I'm glad I'm not alone.
Thank you for your replies girls.

I sooo hope this will stop soon. Otherwise I'll be able to play "find the whale" on the beach by summer. And you are guessing right as to who is going to be the whale :dohh:

I'm still the same at almost 12 weeks 😂 12lbs gain 😷 I workout 3 times a week which makes me even more hungry ! .... I have to take food everywhere I go ... I take fruit polo's to the gym ;) .... praying it settles soon ! Xxxx

i have been eating all day to.im gonna gain so much weight

Me too. I was a little overweight most of my life, but I finally managed to slim down when I moved to Korea from the UK. My diet just naturally cleaned up because of all the healthy yummy foods here, and I walk a lot more. For about a year now I've enjoyed having pretty much the body I always dreamed of, and now.....:nope: I'm just over 8 weeks and I think the weight is starting to creep on now.

The last few days I've been absolutely ravenous. When i get hungry it's that painful hunger you can't just ignore, and it comes on frequently. The worst part is I can't fix it with healthy food. It has to be white carbs! Pasta, bread, cereal, french fries, etc.

Funny thing is, though, I can't bring myself to touch sweet things. I used to love a piece of chocolate or some cookies with my sweet coffee, but now all of those things make me feel a bit queasy. Maybe this means I'm having a boy!

Well, I resisted the temptation to have yet another sandwich last night and had a mint I stead.
Actually did help and I managed to fall asleep without stuffing my face first.

that's good

I ate 2 slices of toast before I left home this morning ... got to work and had a full breakfast again ... feeling so bad but I really cant help it when the sickness hits I want food

I went for strawberries, blueberries an apple and Greek yoghurt for breakfast. Standby for breakfast number 2 in about an hour lol

LOL loveylove its difficult especially if the sickness hits ...

my cravings change so quick ...

I have been quite bad as well, only 5 weeks but found out 12 days ago, honestly it can only be a combo of belly fat and bloat but I already look pregnant! This must stop.

LOL loveylove its difficult especially if the sickness hits ...

my cravings change so quick ...

THIS!

I also have that. I want something. As in "must eat it or die", and anytime from straight after to next day I can' t even look at it.

It has gotten up to a point, i get something in a supermarket and by the time I'm back home, i feel sick just looking at it :(((((
Stupid.

I'm eating like a lunatic, but a combination of a hugely speeded up metabolism and throwing up means that I've lost a few pounds instead of gaining.

The only thing that holds the sickness away is eating, especially protein (carbs don't do it for me at all). I eat something substantial every two hours, which is so unlike me. My normal diet is about two meals a day, and I'm not normally hungry at all.

I do have to say, that I am grateful for not throwing up this time. Been there two last times, and it sucked... Hugs InVivo :)

Finally yesterday my hunger got a bit under control! I noticed I was less hungry and ate less... Maybe baby going through some growth spurts?

Hopefull, for now, it will stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->