hungry baby formula question

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i dont know whether or not to put joshua onto the hungrier *sp?* baby formuls.

he is so grumpy and grizzly through the day.

he seem tired but doesnt sleep for more than 15mins at a time.

he used to be really goos at night but this how he was last night

* 6.30 -bottle 6oz
* 7.00- bed
* 9.30 - woke and had 2oz of bottle
* 1.30 - woke up for a bottle had 5 oz
then woke up every hour or so.not really wanting anything.

the nights used to go
*6.30 - bottle 6-7oz
* 7.00 - bed
* 2.00ish - bottle 5ish oz
* 6.00ish - bottle
then usually ready to get up at 7ish

do i change to the hungry baby formula or not?

could i just use thehungry baby formula at night times

If you feel he needs to try him :)
I did when Ella was feeding alot and it done her the world of good as she slept better and wasnt even sicky :)

Give it a try hunny then at least you will know. Have to say though my LO had a bad tummy with it, it was too heavy so i increased the amount of milk i gave him instead...xx

You can try him on it to see if it agrees with him, maybe buy a few ready made cartons or depending on which brand you use you may be able to buy a smaller box just to ensure he is alright onit before you switch entirely. I switched Jack over pretty early on, & it never made much of a difference tbh, but then I was too scared to switch back!!:dohh:

im not sure now,

he hasnt been to bad today.

he is a sicky baby and i dont want to make it worse by changing over.

today he had 5oz and then 2 hours later he had another 4oz,he had an off day yesterday so that maybe it

Hiya

Just to say that hungry baby formula isn't recommended for babies under 12 weeks. This is because it doesn't have the long-chain proteins in that babies need for brain development below 12 weeks or so (I think that's right anyway, my cousin is a health visitor and told me this when I was thinking about using it for one of my boys).

I did put my eldest onto it at around 4 months old, he was sicky and it made him worse than ever, I would feed him with a towel covering us and half the floor lol! It took me a while to realise what was making him so sick and when I switched back to normal formula he went back to normal.

Joshua's lovely by the way, cute pictures!

Gemma x

I wish all HV told the same stories, it gets confusing and worrying when one says one thing and another says something different. :confused:

My HV told me to put lewis on hungry baby food to try to regulate the times and qtys he was having at each feed cus he was puting on weight quite quickly. :munch:

I only put him on it at night for the first week and I didn't see much of an improvement at first but now he's gone from wanting a feed every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to every 3 - 4 1/2 hours. I'm slowing introducing it to his day feeds to. Fingers crossed it stays this way.....we all now how fickle babies can be :dohh:

I wish all HV told the same stories, it gets confusing and worrying when one says one thing and another says something different. :confused:

My HV told me to put lewis on hungry baby food to try to regulate the times and qtys he was having at each feed cus he was puting on weight quite quickly. :munch:
I only put him on it at night for the first week and I didn't see much of an improvement at first but now he's gone from wanting a feed every 2 1/2 - 3 hours to every 3 - 4 1/2 hours. I'm slowing introducing it to his day feeds to. Fingers crossed it stays this way.....we all now how fickle babies can be :dohh:

Whats wrong with that? they go through spurts....tabs was doing 8oz a week for about 10 weeks and has now slowed where some weeks will only be 2-3oz.
Im really starting to hate HV's Sorry :dohh:

Whats wrong with that? they go through spurts....tabs was doing 8oz a week for about 10 weeks and has now slowed where some weeks will only be 2-3oz.
Im really starting to hate HV's Sorry :dohh:

I know - She made me think I was turning him into a porker. I like baby chub, it makes them look so edible & there's more to cuddle up to :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->