hungry baby milk confused

mommyaug09

Mommy to gorgeous Samet
Reaction score
I changed my still young son to HBM cos i felt he was suffering, he was on his 3rd bottle by the 3rd hour that would work out at about 7-9 oz in 3 hours. but every hour so he was getting NO quality sleep, well thats wat i thought. but reading a different post i now feel bad, is HBM bad for baby? he is sleeping 3 hrs for a feed now. thanks x

It is not bad for babies, or it wouldn't be on the market.
One of the mums on here has mentioned that a dietitician she visited did not recommend it and that other dietiticians felt similarly. However, nutritionally it really is extremely similar to 'normal' milk. It just has slightly more fat and carbs, which I believe comes from higher levels of casein, cow's milk protein.
Your post sounds like a textbook example of how HBM CAN help some babies, so I would stick with it.
Ruby drinks 9oz of the stuff every 4 hours and sleeps through the night on HBM. I believe we would have to wean early if we'd stuck to 'normal' milk.
Whatever the concerns are about HBM, it's got to be better than early weaning for most babies...which is exactly what it is there for.

I think HBM is the only thing thats stopping us having to wean really early and his now stopped sleeping though. While its working keep at it.

My HV said you dont have to swap from normal to HBM if you dont want but HBM just makes them that bit fuller and thats there not much difference in the 2 if you look on the side of the tins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->