Hurry up BFPs!!! We are ready when you are :-)

MrsBroodyPant

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Sorry we have to meet in such sad situations.

My baby was due in Oct 2013, so i'd love to be pregnant by then! Im currently waiting for my first real AF since lossing my baby. I know it will be a long wait as my cycles are so irregular. It took us 2 years to get our BFP and we got it from using clomid. I will take clomid again when AF comes!

Anyone want to join me?

xxx

Hi MrsBroodyPant

I'm definitely in with you! I was also due in Oct (22nd). A bit of history of my journey so far:

I came of the pill in May 2012 but no AF for 3 months. I then had very irregular cycles with a borderline luteal phase of c10-11 days.

However, we got our first BFP in February and were sooo excited! Things seemed to be progressing well. The 12 week scan came and went and we started to believe that things were going to be okay only to wake up one morning (13w 3d) with severe pains. We went to A&E and discovered that the baby was growing in my left tube. I was rushed into surgery and am now recovering from the surgery to remove the baby and tube.

So... we lost our littles ones at about the same age and time. It has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with (especially because everyone around me seems to get pregnant first month trying and then sail on through to full term!) but I'm already looking to the future and determined to try my best to be pregnant by the time Oct 22nd rolls around!

I took a pregnancy test today and it still thinks I am 1-2 weeks pregnant so I've probably got a little while before I ovulate but would love to go through the journey with others in a similar position. I've only got one tube but I'm determined to make it earn its keep!!

Fingers crossed for both of us (and anyone else that joins!)

xx

Cant believe ive found u! Our experience is quite similar.
Before i got my bfp in Feb, i had a HSG done and discovered ive only got one tube working!
How come they couldnt tell your baby was growing in your tube at the 12 week scan? I was due the 21st Oct. I hope we can get our forever babies soon! I dont have any children, do u?
We can wait together and encourage each other!
Very sorry for your loss, it is so sad and such a difficult time. Ive also got many friends who are pregnant or have little ones.
Xxx

Wow - very similar experiences!! I also don't have any children yet so we can support each other in getting there together!

I've no idea how they didn't pick up the ectopic at the 12 week scan. I've thought about it a bit and realised that it would have ended up with the same result either way. In a way it was helpful as having already told people I was pregnant it made it easier to say what had happened. If they'd found it at 12 weeks I think it would've been harder to explain to people that I was pregnant and now I'm not (if that makes any sense!).

The worst part was that I thought I was past the point that an ectopic could happen so when I went to A&E and heard the heartbeat we thought everything was going to be okay.

I'm finding it tough not to keep thinking why me, and panicking that I won't be able to gt pregnant again but I guess it's still early days. Just wanting to ovulate again so we can get trying again!

Looking forward to having someone in the same boat who understands! Fingers crossed we won't be here for too long!! x

Hi ladies I had a miscarriage with my first baby in Nov last year may would have been my due date so I wanted to be pregnant by then but I haven't had any luck well may is here I guess you can say I was due may 26 my cycle is due on may 7 I am still hoping to get pregnant right before or right after 26

Hilslo - i would of thought u would of been past the point of ectopic too. That must of been such a shock. We know that our baby had a chromosome disorder called triploidy. People have 46 chromosomes (23 from each parent) but our baby had 69, a whole extra set. This happens when the egg is fertilized by two sperm. I had never heard of it before and i feel very unlucky that it happened to us. At least we both know what happened wasnt our fault and its just something that happens that we cant control.
Try not to worry about only having one tube. I did but got my bfp the same cycle i found out!
Im glad we told people we were pregnant too as ive needed people to talk to and its such a big event in our lives that i couldnt just pretend it didnt happen.
I feel so sorry for us :-( but we need to move on...onwards and upwards!!!

Missjames - sorry about your loss. It is very sad that your dd is close. I wish u all the luck in the world that u get your bfp soon
Xxx

Ive started temping again this morning (oh how ive enjoyed not having to for so long). Do i temp or use opks to track your cycles? Im not going to bother with opks until after my real AF.

Xxx

MrsBroodyPant - you are so true. We definitely need to go onwards and upwards! I've started taking my folic acid again in preparation for the big O but I suspect I may have a while to wait yet given my body still thinks it's 1-2 weeks pregnant. Have you taken any pregnancy tests, measured HCG levels since your loss? I've never heard of triploidy. I guess it's one of those things you hope you'll never have learn about. It must have been tough.

Missjames - welcome! Fingers crossed for this coming cycle. I have everything crossed for you. If you don't mind me asking - how long were you trying for your first? x

We must have been typing at the same time! I did temping to help track my cycles before I got pregnant (I think if you have wonky / irregular cycles like us you pretty much have to!) I did start again after the surgery but noticed that my temps were still in the high range that they were when I was pregnant, that's why I took the pregnancy test to see what was happening. I didn't bother taking my temp this morning but will definitely start once temping and using OPKs when the hPTs say not-pregnant. Not looking forward to setting my alarm clock so early at the weekends again but excited to get back on the bandwagon! x

I had my HCG measured and it was almost none existant. That is a characteristic of triploidy. But in the weeks leading up to my scan i did loads of HPTs and they all came out pregnant 3+ or blazing strong lines! I havent taken a test since.
My bleeding has stopped now. As u had surgery, did u start bleeding afterwards or before? I had to give birth the natural way in hospital. It was all controlled well and was an ok experience considering. My bleeding has just stopped. Im cd9 now. Im taking folic acid too.
Xxx

Hi guys, I'd like to join in.
We've been trying for about 8 months for our first, finally got out BFP Feb, Saw the tiny heartbeat at 6+4.
A week later I started spotting a bit brown after intercourse, but didn't think much of it, it happened before. But it continued for a few more days. later that week we went to the ER just to reassure ourselves everything was OK. Found out there was no longer a heart beat and the baby stopped eveloping at 7+3.
We were devestated.
At first I moved the first scan to 7+3, then out of worry moved it up to 6+3. I keep thinking that if I had kept with the first date, we might have gone until now without knowing the baby stopped developing. the doctor or would have seen a heartbeat and I wouldn't have thought that much about the spotting, or there would have been no heartbeat, but development right where it should be, so he would have sent us home with the OK.
I had a D&C 2 and a half weeks ago, and last week when the bleeding stopped we started trying again. POAS the other day, very faint line (like I got the first time, HCG levels were below 66) so I have a feeling today \I'll get a negative.
I was due November, and so want to be pregnant again.
I'm taking prenatal and folic acid. I'm just in a funk.
I hope I ovulate this month, and my feelings about getting pregnant this first cycle are mixed. On one hand I want to, but on the other hand- I'm scared. I've read a lot of pregnancies after MC before AF are healthy, but I've also read a lot end in MC again.
I'm talking as if I'm already pregnant again! I'm trying to trust my body though, it knows what to do.
Sorry for rambeling on! I'm excited to get to know you guys :)

Hi Nina,

You are similar timing to us with dates etc. Sorry u had to experience that. I could of easily gone from my 12 week scan to waiting for my 20 week scan without knowing we lost the baby. But as i opted for NT/blood test i couldnt get it done at 12 weeks coz baby wasnt in a good position so i needed another scan which lead to finding the triploidy through more scans and CVS and then i lost the baby but it would of never survived as triploidy is not compatible with life. It was such a rollercoaster! They found a cyst in its brain and then at the next scan it was gone! I had good news then bad then good then bad! It was so up and down. Im lucky that i opted for the NT/bloods and definately would again. I hope next time it can be a straight forward pregnancy. I hope we all get our bfps by the end of oct! Im looking foward to sharing this journey with u
Xxx

Today I was supposed to be 12 weeks and have the NT scan.
Next pregnancy I'm going to scan away like there's no tomorrow. I know there's nothing you can do, what's been decided has been decided, but it gives some sense of "control".
:dust:

Yes feeling in control is important. My hospital said i will get well looked after next time and can have reassurance scans because we will be anxious. Im glad they are understanding because obviously many bad things happen to couples and the doctors see it all the time but they are still very considerate.
Sorry that u would of had your scan today :-(. My 20 week scan was supposed to be on my birthday in June
Xxx

MrsBroodyPant- Unfortunately I am following you over from the Oct board. I had a natural m/c on 4/22. Had seen the heartbeat on scan at 8.5 wks so thought we were OK. Was supposed to have 12.5 wk NT scan same day of M/C, but Baby appeared to be 9 wks on scan. It's day 10 and still bleeding/passing clots - totally sucks.

I, too, had irregular cycles since off bc and with the help of Clomid I got my 1st BFP in Feb. So I am so anxious to try again but have no idea if AF will come in a few weeks or if I will be irregular again, ugh. Supposed to get my levels checked 3 wks post-m/c and I'll see if I should get back on Clomid.

I completely relate to all of you- for others it seems so easy.

Hi Lune_miel and Nina83

Looks like we're all in the same boat! I'm feeling strangely optomistic this evening (I've no idea why - I've not even shed the lining yet, let alone begun the wait for ovulation!).

I'm hoping my cycle magically fixes itself to a regular 28 day cycle but I know it's unlikely! Still, have to ensure we make the most of the good days as the "oh my god - it's never going to happen" days are always just around the corner!

The days when events happen are the worst. Scan days and significant days such as friends weddings will be touhg but hopefully with a bit of support from you ladies we will get through them!

Good luck everyone - our time will come! x

Hi lune_miel,
Sorry for your loss. Another sad story that matches our dates. We can go through this journey together. Im glad clomid worked for u. I hope it works its magic for us both again soon.

Hilslo - i know what u mean about going to celebrations. I was really looking forward to my nephews Christening and loving the fact that i would be there pregnant! But it was such a sad day as i no longer had my baby :-(.

Ive been sad tonight and crying to my mum. I get moments of real sadness where the feeling just hits me, then other times i feel positive for the future and ready to move forward. I guess it will get easier with time.

Im glad we have all found each other! Xxx

I took a HPT last night to check if the HCG is all out- only one line!
I even shoved it in DH face to make sure. One line.
I tried an OPK this morning, just to make sure, negative.
I think I'll start trying them Sunday, until then DTD every other day. I don't want to wait another 2 weeks until I ovulate, and then another TWW.
We're moving in August, and I don't know if TTC is the right thing to do right now. I know it's not ideal moving when in the first trimester, but DH said we can't sit around waiting again for the right time.

Great news Nina! I'm going to buy some more HPTs today and test again at the weekend to see if I'm back to "not pregnant".

If you feel ready emotionally then I think this is the right time. If it's inconvenient re moving then it just makes it more likely that you'll get pregnant as these things never come at the time we plan! :winkwink:

Good luck and keep us posted on the OPKing!

Nina, hilslo is right about perhaps getting pregnant when its not so convenient. Are u moving far? Is it a bigger house?

We had sex twice yesterday and i bled a little afterwards. Maybe its to soon for sex, i dont know? But im planning on doing it every other day until af arrives.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"