hurting right under breasts?

prairie

Reaction score
Lately, I have this kind of burning/hurting sensation right under my breasts. I guess my tummy is so big, it meets my breasts now and in that area is where it hurts. My sister said it hurt there for her too and she thought it is the baby pushing on my ribs and sternum. Is anyone else uncomfortable in this way? Or have any other ideas of what it is? It hurts bra on and bra off.

I also have terrible heartburn, popping pills like crazy. If the baby is causing this by getting bigger and squishing stuff, will it be like this until birth? I am not sure my esophagus will make it to the birth in that case!

Prairie

I have this hun, the burning is terrible right under my boobs, and its normally at night when i lie down. I dont think it is anything to worry about, maybe just things being stretched and pushed about :) Doesn't half hurt though lol. I am going to ask my midwife about it when i next go, but i am sure its nothing to be all that worried about. Just one of those things we have to put up with!! Ahh the joys :D x

I have this too, did last pregnancy too but didnt get round to asking mw about it. like you i find it hard to describe but its definately like a burning sensation which is on the outside (skin) and really is sore at times, i just put it down to the skin stretching although its pretty constant. xxx

I think it might be the weight of my breasts. Yesterday, I put on my boostier- I don't know if I am spelling that right? We took the bottom ties out and left the top really tight so my breasts were squished up like in the old days and that helped some. After that I tried pinning my bras up a lot and that did not work as well. If it keeps up, I may go out and buy some crazy lingerie to shove my breasts up my nose. It really does burn and hurt.

I think it might be the weight of my breasts. Yesterday, I put on my boostier- I don't know if I am spelling that right? We took the bottom ties out and left the top really tight so my breasts were squished up like in the old days and that helped some. After that I tried pinning my bras up a lot and that did not work as well. If it keeps up, I may go out and buy some crazy lingerie to shove my breasts up my nose. It really does burn and hurt.

Glad to see you may have found the cause :thumbup: that certainly isnt my problem though.. I wish lol :blush: xxx

I also get this, it wakes me up at night as I tend to feel it more when I'm lying down. Cant really give you any advice as I think its all just normal as the top of your uterus pushes against the ribs as the baby grows. Have read that by about 34 weeks when the baby starts to get into position and moves into head down position, it shouldn't be so bad and the pressure on your ribs eases.

I know how you feel though.

It's such a relief to find this website and hear other people suffering with similar sore skin.... In the middle, under my breasts, it feels like something has been rubbing against my skin and made it so sore, but there is no redness, no marks, nothing..... It's really bizarre! :shrug:

Im 31 weeks with my second, i never had this with my first, i've tried creams, lotions, potions and so on and it still feels the same...

Has anyone found a cure?? Please share if you have!

Many thanks.

I'm getting this too :wacko: I just came online to see if I could find anything on it. My pain is like a burning sensation, near the skin surface but for me it's about 2 inches below my right breast. I'm wondering if that's where the top of my uterus has reached and it's growing pains but it feels very odd.

My next MW appoinment is in about 10 days so i'm not sure whether to wait until then or see my gp if it continues just to check it out.

i get the burning sensation aswell there isnt nothing we can do about it though apart from putting some cream in the fridge to take away the burn thats all i do in the evenings.

I get this too! its very strange. nothing makes it feel better. it feels like a burning sensation but when i rub it, the skin there is slightly numb. never known anything like it.

I get this, it's aaagony! It hurts to touch aswell, midwive pressed down on it the other day and I almost slapped her :p
No idea what it is but i've had it from about 28 weeks and still got it today even though he's beginning to engage. I guess it could be ligaments? Hmmf.

I also get this and have for several weeks now. I asked my doctor about it and he said since I had my gall bladder taken out last March, it could be scar tissue stretching. He didn't seem too concerned, but gosh it is uncomfy!

google 'rib flare' see if it sounds like that - I had it and the pain is only just going 2 weeks after mirren was born.....

I asked my MW about this as I have been suffering this week with it. It's like a chinese burn feeling but with no mark on the skin. she said it is probably baby trying to outstretch the skin of the uterus as he's trying to get more room. Hopefully, even though his head is down, once he is engaged he wont be able to push his bum into my boobs! HTH -x-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->