Husband couldn't make my scan today, 4 hours later he still hasn't called me

clara123

Reaction score
I had my 1st scan today my husband couldn't come as he's working which I didn't moan about. It's 4 hours later and he hasn't bothered to ring or text to see how it went. He's been on his phone cos his what's app shows he was online about an hour ago. I'm fuming. I want to text him a cross message but at the same time I want to leave it and see how long it takes for him to ask.

That would drive me mad! Hope he's got a good excuse for his sake! Hope you're scan went well xxx

Oh that's a bit hurtful. Maybe he just forgot?

Trust me, you will drive yourself crazy if you let things like this bother you. Men are just not wired the same as we are. They aren't attached yet to the baby like we are. Some men are definitely better about it than others but some arent. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you or the baby, he just isn't at the same level as you.

I totally agree with babers, it is hard for me to grasp the idea of having a baby when there is "nothing" there for them to see and no changes in your body yet. Go ahead and be excited about it and call him, don't wait for him to call you, it will only lead to a fight and now is a time to be happy. Congrats and hope your scan was all you dreamed of.

I would be fuming I can't lie buy I agree men just don't think like us...call him! But I would tell him he annoyed me. Lol!

He knows how worried I've been though cos I've been bleeding it just shows how little he cares.

In my opinion, I would say something. Holding it in just makes it build up inside and then eventually you will explode and it will become much worse. For me, personally, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when it comes to something I expect from my DH lol. If I don't tell him right away that he made me upset then it will become something way bigger and cause an unnecessary fight. My DH forgets a lot too no matter how many times I remind him. He's got a high-stress job so I can understand (but he can't always use that as an excuse!).

I agree with babers - they don't mean to be inconsiderate.

Plus, I also think you're doing the same thing by not telling him (no offence lol), but I would have messaged as soon as I left, and perhaps he is waiting for you to tell him about it? Not defending him, but you never know what they're thinking and it's entirely possible he's waiting to hear! :)

I texted him in the end after 5 hours. I told him how I was upset as this isn't the first thing. He's been a complete a-hole recently he's just so lazy. We have 2 children already and I work full time and I'm knackered I've asked him to just help a bit as he does nothing round the house or with the kids but he still does nothing to help. He gets in from work sits on the sofa and doesn't move for the rest of the night.

I've tried not to moan and have sent him links on how my body is at the mo with the extra hormones and being so tired and his response was this isn't our first baby. My point exactly- I'm so tired and can't just relax when I get home as I have the kids to look after.

When I was bleeding he just went out drinking and didn't come home til 3am.

So I told him in was upset he hadn't bothered to ask how it went and he didn't even seem to know what I was on about, then wouldn't answer the phone of texts. Then he went out drinking after work. He hasn't even asked to see the pictures. I'm just fed up with him he's so lazy and uncaring.

On a positive note I told my ten yr old daughter last night and she was soooo happy. Made me feel so much better I'm glad I told her as I was going to wait and we could tell her together but if he couldn't be bothered to come home then that's his fault.

And I turns out I'm not 12 weeks I'm 14- so I'm in the wrong trimester! I thought I was big!

I'm sorry you're going through this. Hormones always make it worse too.
:hugs:
Really great about how excited your daughter is though :)

Clara, I'm very sorry your OH isn't being very supportive. He should have shown re of an interest in how it all went. He's not too tired to go out after work. As always, there's more to the story so I really hope he gets it together for you. <3

So happy your daughter is excited though!! Congrats.

Ps. I love your name. It's one of my top names. Did you get called any nicknames? I always try to think of the nicknames they would get called but I can't thik of any with Clara. That's a bonus for me lol

I'm really sorry you're going through this. My DH and I were fighting during my first appointment but I texted him after to let him know what they said and he asked me tons of questions after. He does want to come to any US appointments though.

If this is your second maybe your DH is stressed out? I know mine tends to act like a jackass towards me when he's stressed. Maybe he feels left out? I'm not trying to justify his actions but maybe something is going on his mind. Maybe you should ask him how he's doing and see what he says. I know for me, it's been a bit of a struggle paying attention to DH when I have all this going on in me. But I love him and don't want him to feel left out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->