Husband deploying & TTC

sarah2211

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope it's ok for me to post here, but I'm really uneducated in the area of assisted conception. I hope my post doesn't offend as I know most people are in this forum because they're having trouble conceiving naturally.

My husband and I have been TTC for 4 months for #1. My DH is in the military so goes away a lot and often at short notice, i.e. last month 5 days before ovulation :(

We are taking a break from TTC as I've just started a new job and we've decided we will wait until October/November 2016 to start TTC again.

It's entirely possible and fairly likely that my husband will be deployed for 6-9 months in 2017, which would put another hold on TTC!

If we were aware of this of when this was going to happen and were happy to pay for some sort of assisted conception, what would our options be? Is it possible to pay to have his sperm frozen so we could continue while he is away?

Thank you

Yes you can freeze his speem and do iui or ivf while he's away. My practice charges me $60 a month to have my husbands sperm stored. He's deployed right now and I'm doing ivf without him! Best of Luck to you!!

Wow thank you so much for your reply!

If you hadn't already been doing IVF would you have taken this path?
My husband is currently deployed, but he was given 15 hours notice, so of course we couldn't do anything this time. We don't know when he'll be home again.

Was there anything your husband had to sign? Say if the very worst thing happened to him.. Could you still use his sperm?

Thanks so much and good luck!

When you sign the paperwork for ivf it allows you to indicate what you want to do with left over eggs, embryos or speem in the event something happens to either of you. So yea I can still use it. I don't know that I would've had the knowledge regarding assisted conception if we didn't need it to make a decision previously. But knowing what I know now, yes I think I would. My thing was I refused to deliver a baby while he was deployed, but was okay with being pregnant. Therefore this was a good option for us that allowed us to wait til it got closer to his return. Of course you'll have to explain to ppl how you got pregnant, but just say you planned ahead! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->