Husband is indifferent about having another child

shibama

Reaction score
I guess this is my intro... along with a question of sorts. My husband and I have been together for 10 years and we have two boys that are almost 7 years old and 5 years old. We had some problems in our marriage about 4 years ago and up until about the last year another child wasn't really a thought in my mind. My husband had always said he was content with 2 kids. Now we are at a much better place in our marriage and at 31 years old myself and as my children get older, I'm starting to feel like maybe our family isn't complete. Husband says he's still content with 2 kids and if it were completely up to him he wouldn't have another BUT if I feel like I'm not done, then sure we can have one more. We started not preventing this month and I'm just feeling weird and sad that he doesn't really WANT another one. I feel like I'm the one making this big life decision for our family. I will honestly be heartbroken to not have another, but I feel like I'm being selfish or something if we do... Is it wrong of me to go ahead with this??

Well, I find guys are often like that. They just want to make sure they have at least one offspring- women generally crave more. It simply is part of what makes us different I suppose. Of course this doesn't apply to all cases, but most of the guys I know after number 1 was born they were ok with more but not seeking them out as much if you know what I mean.
If you want another baby then go for it- he is supporting you and will love the baby just as much- he just doesn't feel the need for more as you do. Neither feeling is wrong- just individual that's all.
Good luck to you in your TTC journey.

Thank you Cppeace! That's exactly how I need to look at the situation. As a woman, I tend to overthink things sometimes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->