husband suffocating me.

jem_5500

Reaction score
I have a wonderurl husband dont get me wrong but since he found out i was pg he has been soooo over attentive ,what are you moaning about some of u say :blush: and i knwo i shouldnt moan but every 2 mins he is asking if i am ok if i want anything what i want if i want a bath, food, sleep drink and it is non stop! If I say no thank yo to one he asks another 20 questions!! I have tried to explain I am fine I will sk if i need anything and said I appreciate his concern but to let me breathe and he gets really huffy and cross and takes it to heart!!! :dohh:
So an over sensitive pregnant woman and hubby what to do!! Sorry I just needed to get this off my chest!

LOL - with sympathy ;)

Maybe you should warn him that pregnant women have been known to do craaAAAaaazy things due to hormones ;) ...to wind his neck in and speak when spoken to, or it could ALL be his fault ;D

Bless him, for his love of you both, and you for not poking him in the eye ;)

x

my hubby was like this for the first week or so. I just said to him that i'll share everything with him, but I'm not ill - I'm pregnant. It's not that I feel ill or sick, or need to be waited on. I just need things to carry on as normal. This is the last chance we'll have to be normal. In 9 months things will change forever, but lets just carry on being us.

He's been fine since and has just waited for me to ask him for anything in particular.

Hope he settles down soon, x

Do you have any other female friends he could talk to? My DH had a long chat with a woman at work, who was fab at reassuring him about hormones and about morning sickness and how normal it all is. My guess would be, too, that your DH will relax once you get further into pregnancy. Do you think he'll even be so enthusiastic, though, about leaping out of bed in the middle of the night for LO? Fingers crossed all round, surely...

Hey there hun, my DH is a bit like that. He constantly asks me do you want this, or this, or this, or those............? until I crack. I tried just saying "no" to everything and then he thought I'd fallen out with him as he couldn't understand that "I dont need or want anything right now thank you". It was getting quite tense for a while but things are better now that he has realised that if I need something I will ask and then it makes him happy to run and fetch which is quite nice!! LOL!! It is their way of getting involved as at this point they feel a little left out as they aren't experiencing all the symptoms that we are.

I think that it will be better when baby is kicking like mad and they get to feel it move.

In the meantime yay to you for not losing the rag and just think how sweet he is being to you at the moment

like another lady said has he got anybody who he could talk to discuss his worrys ? my dp has a collegue whos wife is preg around few weeks difference to me so they discuss our pregnancys together :rofl: my dp is helping but not overly wish he would i would love a personal slave :rofl:

My DH won't stop trying to t9uch my tummy ALL THE TIME, I've even shouted now as get so wound up by it. THink it's just hormones!!! xxx

Fancy a husband swop for a few days???? I wish mine was more attentive! He's just not one for rallying round a pregnant woman, in my last pregnancy, i was still going to the supermarket and doing the weekly shop when i was a week overdue! Plus doing all the housework, cooking etc.

Your hubby is obviously very excited and just wants to be a part of the pregnancy, it must be difficult for them, as they don't "feel" the way we do when we're pregnant.

Hope he's as attentive and helpful when your lo arrives!

I would so swap. Lap it up!

awww that is sweeettt, It must drive u crazy though! Atleast his hearts in the right place aye

Haha, I wish that my OH would be like this! The most I get him to run and do is fix me something to eat; which I guess is a good thing. He annoys me with other things; like not letting my drink sprite or anything refreshing. (water is not my best friend AT ALL) But, I have to basically break his leg for him to rub my back!! LOL.

ohhh c'mon girl!you're a lucky woman for a having a man like that...hehehehe.it's irritating i know, but that's better than him not paying attention to you, right?

So I spoke to him last night and he understands I adore him and explained I am not ill just preg! He laughed and just said he was worried as he wasnt sure what was going on with my body! I laughed and said I wasn't ill I just looked it at the mo!! He said he will be happier after the scan as he will know for sure there is a healthy little person there! HWe had a scare at 6 weeks and he missed the scan when i saw bubs heart beat so i think he feels he missed out. As for when its born the sort of man he is I know he will have no probs getting up with little un and has already asked if he can be part of feeding it eg if he can do 1 bottle feed when he gets home! Thank you ladies I shall count myself lucky and see if he relaxes a bit!! Oh and me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->