Husband works away

Sophie8471

Reaction score
Hello, my husband and I have been trying to conceive since April. He works away from home so he is gone for 28 days at a time. So, we can only try every second month. Aside from us only able to try 6 months of the year do you think taking a whole month off at a time will decreases our chances?

If you have a 28 day cycle, having every second month off won't hurt your fertility, if that's what you're asking. I'd personally chart when he's home so you know you definitely know you ovulated - my poor friend has a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off husband and was ttc for two years before she realised that she was completely missing O day... She took the pill to reshuffle her cycle and is now due in a month. Good luck!!

My husband also works out of town. Hes home about 60% of nights but so tired after working 12 hour days plus a 3 hour commute. I am right there with you, its frustrating but nothing you can do. My husband just started this new job and we've had 6 cycles so far with no luck while he was home every night. I'm starting to get to that point where I don't want to try anymore because of the disappointment. Hoping this thread will keep me positive!

My husband just took a new job where he will be traveling a ton so I feel like this month is my last decent shot before he ends up being gone all the time. I just have a feeling it isn't going to happen this month and I'll be going through the same struggle you ladies are. It just stinks knowing there is such a small window of opportunity to conceive so there are so many cycles I'll be out automatically without even having a chance. So sorry you ladies are having such difficulty. :hugs: Fx'd it happens for you all soon!!

It took me and hubby over a year to conceive. Although I was irregular to start with, I also put a lot of the missed months down to timing. He's in the army, so was away Monday - Friday most weeks, meaning we only had weekends to DTD. It was difficult, and I started to get frustrated at him.. Even though I knew it wasn't his fault! However, we got there in the end. :)

FX for you, sending lots of :dust: your way. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"