Husbands just don't understand morning sickness

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
:nope: I had to open my big mouth and somewhat brag to my doctor about how I "never get sick" and how I was barely sick at all with my previous two kids. Well...now I'm paying for those words. The past five days have been absolute hell. I'm living on a steady diet of crackers, plain toast and preggy pops. I feel the worst in the morning but throughout the entire day I have that queasy, I don't want to eat because it will probably come back up, feeling. Last night DH got all huffy with me because I didn't want to do any sexytime stuff. He doesn't seem to understand how I feel. I'm not tethered to the toilet throwing up every second of the day (yet) so he thinks I'm fine and I should totally want to do stuff. UHG. MEN.:dohh: Sorry, rant over. Had to get that out of my system. Now back to my toast.

Hugs hun I can relate my husband thinks I milk it for all it's worth even though it's my 9th pregnancy and all but one of those I had horrendous sickness.

It's a shame they can't get pregnant and experience it as I know they would have the mans flu version of morning sickness and wouldn't be able to cope at all. X

Hope you feel better soon! My doc put me on pelvic rest due to spotting, so I have docs permission to deny sexy time :winkwink: but I can totally relate! Not feeling hot at the moment with all the pukiness and bodily changes. Maybe you can ask your doc to pdescribe pelvic rest for a couple of weeks :D

I totally get this, although I haven't had ms yet. I'm so so soooo tired and my husband complains about how early I'm falling asleep on the couch.

My OH is the same. I think he thinks I'm pretending because I'm not physically being sick, but I feel sooo sick all of the time and am super dizzy, which is just as bad as actual throwing up! I can barely move some days. I sort of wish I was being sick because then he'd get how poorly I feel.

My husband is the same. He pretends to try and understand but gets very frustrated because I can't do the simplest of things and going into our kitchen is a massive problem for me. I have actually been being sick, usually into a bucket as I cant get to the toilet quick enough! But he still gets frustrated even though he can see how ill I am.
An example being yesterday we were going to my mums house for some Boxing Day food/drinks kind of thing. We got our 2 year old in the car and cause of all the rushing around I suddenly needed to be sick (I had felt complete rubbish all day anyway). So all I could do was hide round the front of our car and throw up on the driveway :( it was humiliating and I felt like s**t! All he did was huff and puff and be like 'well we aren't going now, we should have left earlier, if you really are that ill then get back in the house.' He took DS out of the car and shooed is back in the house! Funny thing is I actually felt a bit better after I was sick so it was most likely I'd eaten something that hadn't agreed with my MS and it had just sat there. My nausea was still bad but no where near what it had been! So basically we got back in the car and went to my mums who made me carrot sticks and cold water and let me sit and nibble to feel better :) (anyone who has read any of my previous posts, me and my mum have put things behind us now as her violent partner had gone).

Sorry for the long post! But basically, the man who is sympathetic and loving and tries hard to understand and supports you accordingly is extremely hard to come by and if you have one, don't ever let him go! Lol! My husband loves me and DS very much, but he just doesn't deal with other people being ill, he's a proactive man and can't understand people who aren't, even if they are ill! Grrrr!

Get him to down a bottle of whiskey every night for thr next 8 weeks...he might see how you feel every day after that!

my fiancee acted like that too. it pissed me off alot that he behaved as if i was supposed to do things just because he wanted to at the time. we didnt ever have an issue in the bedroom before but since i got pregnant, i was so out of it. didnt want anything to do with love making! he got upset and thought i just didnt find him attractive but honestly he was just trying to make me feel guilty which soooo didnt work haha. he eventually accepted that pregnancy will make me feel this way and not only that, he ended up having morning sickness whenever i did. strange! his mom called it sympathy pains.

Yeah, my hubby is usually picture perfect understanding and accommodating, but with the MS he was just NOT getting it. I only told him half a dozen times the cat's wet food triggers me. And he is still like "can't you feed Marie? I'm cooking, can you feed Marie??" And I always buckle and then I always almost immediately puke.

I finally told him the last time that I am NOT feeding her. She can wait, anyway, she has dry food! It's not like she's starving, she's just spoiled.

Lucky for me, I'm typically the higher libido partner and just wait for him to initiate when he's ready; so he probably has no idea how uninterested I am anyway.

They may be slightly inconvenienced at HOW they go about doing certain things, so as not to trigger us...but most of them are things that we had to give up all together!!

He IS getting frustrated that I stopped doing other things, like cooking and cleaning.
He said that just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm helpless.
This was after he asked for pancakes and I said no. He ended up making breakfast and the smells from it caused me to vomit (nothing but water and bile) at least three times, and I was in a different room. Maybe that helped him realize why I'm not cooking .

I vomit at least twice every morning, feel nauseous all the time and when I do have energy, I try to make use of it...but sometimes I want to enjoy relaxing without feeling hung over. Is that a crime?

So most of them have to take on our usual chores. Now they know what daily life is like for us...the least theycan do is walk in our regular shoes while we hug the toilet in misery and make their children hah! I'd gladly take all my old chores back to switch places with him.

It feels like you have food poisoning...that's how I explained it to mine. He got that because he had had a bad case of it not too long ago. Frankly, with how bad it is, if they don't get it, well, screw 'em. I was so sick, I could barely get up to pee. I couldn't stand the smell of soap or lotion - it all made me gag. And I'm not a puker. If my husband possibly thought I was being dramatic or making it up for sympathy, I would be so pissed. If my husband made it all about him, I'd also be pissed! Sometimes in life we need to suck it up and do for another person. Especially our significant others! I am very lucky that my husband is very understanding and has helped me tremendously. I was with a man for years before my H that would have been a nightmare to be with during pregnancy, so I have no tolerance for crappy, selfish, behavior anymore.

Off my soap box now.

I'm sorry you're going through this. My DH has actually been concerned for my MS because I got really sick over the weekend and he's been witness to most of it. But, he's not very good at understanding everything else. Like my emotions and being tired.

Heck I didn't even understand until I got my BFP LOL.

Thanks ladies! I'm glad to hear voices of reason lol I love the whiskey comment too, had me laughing at that. The sickness is getting worse, I've been utterly useless the past few days. I've been throwing up everything that's not nibbles of crackers and ice chips. I have barely gotten up from my bed or recliner. He is starting to get it a little bit, but I can sense the frustration he feels. Normally he's fantastic but I think I've spoiled him a bit. He took over with the kids all day yesterday and let me rest. I can tell he resented it though. He works 6 days a week for 12hrs and I only work 2 days for 12hrs so he thinks I should do everything house and kid related but he can't seem to grasp how unbelievably exhausted and sick I am. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through work the next two days feeling like this.

I hide my morning sickness from my husband. I can't stand to vomit and I can't stand for him to see me sick. I would rather DIE than puke.

That being said I have the most understanding man in the world. Who encourages me to take it easy, eat what I can keep down, and buys me presents on my particularly bad days to try to make me feel better.

LOVE this man. He's up for deployment around when the baby is born. He's my rock and it's super scary to think about him not being there for me.

I wish I could hide mine! But it's kind of hard when the closest bathroom is in our master bedroom. We were just talking about how this is the first time he's heard me get sick. Well other than our wedding night :blush:. But that was self induced.

Ask your dr for some zofran. It won't take everything away, but it definitely makes it better enough so you can get out of bed and not throw up everything. I still needed to eat small meals and often, but it helps so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->