HV Made Me Feel Sh*t

Jake was 15lb 14oz, and weighed 7lb 11oz when born at 36+weeks so he's always been a big baby, no-ones ever said he's too big though! And if they did, id be really really angry about it!

Mine is 10 pounds 7 ounces :(
he eats 6 ounces 4-5 times per day.

my baby was 15lb a few weeks ago! i'd tell her to f off

my maddi put on weight quickly in the beginning too, it did even out after 6 months once she started moving around :) my hv was just the same as your's sweetie, i'd honestly ignore her, in fact i really laid in to mine if i'm honest, she was pretty rude and i no my daughter was fine.
she was born big at 9lb 3.5 oz and just gained quickly. your lo sounds like she's drinking the perfect amount.
we did switch to hungry baby though and it was perfect, mads always had what the tin recommended and slept just fine. i found she had more milk in the day as she slept 12 or more hours at night and took long naps as a baby.
:hugs: xx

Ember was 14 pounds at 8 weeks old, which was 2 weeks ago...
(breastfed only)

Jaiden is 11lb 7oz at 14weeks.

he drinks 4-5oz every 3-4 hours and has 5 bottles a day.

he was born at 37wks 3days and he was 6lb 5oz

Your babies make my baby sound like a guzzling fish LOL he drinks 7 Oz every 2.5 hours with a total of about 50+ Oz for an 11 week old. And yes he poo poo's like no tomorrow.

My LO was doing that a few weeks ago, must have been a growth spurt as he's settled back to 40 + again! Likes to keep me on my toes!! Xx

Jayden was always a biggish baby too, born at 8lb6oz, he fed constantly, at 2 months he was having 9 bottles x6oz in 24 hours, now he drinks 4x 5oz bottles sometimes less.
I would ignore her, their weight does even out after time, jayden was putting on over 1lb a week, i don't know how much he weighs now haven't been for 4 months due to cr@p conflicting advice, he dropped a centile (down from 98th to 91st) and i got made feel like sh1t. you're doing fine! x

My 3rd child was 9lb 81/2oz born, 2 weeks early. At 6 weeks old he weighed 16lb exactly. My hv thought it was great that he was doing so well on breast milk alone. I think I would be asking my hv to stop talking out of her backside if they spoke to me like they did to you. How absolutely ridiculous. Babies grow at their own rate, if they are healthy and happy than that is far more important than praying to the God of the centile charts as is the wont of many hv's. Hugs xxxxx

tell her to piss off!! what the hell does she want you to do?? starve your baby?? your LO sounds fine hun, i think katie was on 5 x 7oz bottles or 4 x 8oz at that age and has always been big... is now bigger than my godson who is 9months older!! we got them weighed together and the hv said its fine :) chin up hun xx

your not doing anything wrong at all. your doing a fanstastic job. please please please tell your hv to p-off. Your LO would not be drinking unless she was hungry hun :hugs:

<3

Hey love, like I told you on facebook Fran weighed 16lb 9oz at 15wks and my HV said she was doing just perfectly. She was only 7lb 9oz born so obviously gaining weight a bit more rapidly than Izzie!

Don't you worry what the HV said, you and Izzie are doing just fine and her weight will even itself out once she starts moving around more.

I had Fran weighed again a week ago and she was 17lb 7oz at 16wks 4 days and the HV says she thinks she will start to level off a bit now.

I have no idea if she was right or wrong as I have no idea about formulas and the amount babies should have.

What I will say, and I am by no means sticking up for your HV, is the answer to me is very simple. Rather than dismissing her concerns out of hand, tell her straight, you would like a second opinion from another health visitor / doctor / community nurse as you are concerned that something isn't making sense with what she says. It might be that there is a problem. Her basis for saying what she did, might be based on a genuine concern she has. Then take your LO to someone else with a medical knowledge and ask them what they think. There should be community clinics in your area where you can take your LO to be weighed and checked. If they tell you it is fine, then relay this to your HV (and perhaps consider asking for another one!)

I would suspect she isn't just making stuff up and so it might be worth checking it out. I'm all for asking advice from other mums, but when it comes to a potential problem, which, to be fair, the lovely ladies here might have no knowledge of, I would be tempted to ask someone who can go into it in a bit more detail and advise for the best.

I have no idea if she was right or wrong as I have no idea about formulas and the amount babies should have.

What I will say, and I am by no means sticking up for your HV, is the answer to me is very simple. Rather than dismissing her concerns out of hand, tell her straight, you would like a second opinion from another health visitor / doctor / community nurse as you are concerned that something isn't making sense with what she says. It might be that there is a problem. Her basis for saying what she did, might be based on a genuine concern she has. Then take your LO to someone else with a medical knowledge and ask them what they think. There should be community clinics in your area where you can take your LO to be weighed and checked. If they tell you it is fine, then relay this to your HV (and perhaps consider asking for another one!)

I would suspect she isn't just making stuff up and so it might be worth checking it out. I'm all for asking advice from other mums, but when it comes to a potential problem, which, to be fair, the lovely ladies here might have no knowledge of, I would be tempted to ask someone who can go into it in a bit more detail and advise for the best.

She has already been told by a paediatrician that there isn't a problem with Izzie's weight gain. My little girl, who is also FF, has gained weight at a very similar rate to Isobelle and our HV has been completely fine with it. I think it all depends on the individual HV/professional and their take on things and what their personal opinion is.

your HV sounds like a plonker! that intake is fine IMO! Dont feel bad i think some of the are just there to annoy us!

My LO weighs about 5lb less and only takes 5oz less in a day than that. The intake does sound fine. If anything, it's too little.

I guess you're right though in the sense that there could be an underlying condition causing her to gain weight as opposed to just too big an intake. But judging by the different weights posted here, it sounds as though her LO is just at the top end of the chart.

:flower:

they should meet my son... he's just over 13lbs at 7 weeks. he is breastfed on demand day/night.

Thanks ladies..

As long as my paed is fine with it, so am i, and he was last week, she was weighed, he saw her weight and he said she is a lovely big healthy baby..

xx

Thanks ladies..

As long as my paed is fine with it, so am i, and he was last week, she was weighed, he saw her weight and he said she is a lovely big healthy baby..

xx

:thumbup:

Izzie is simply gorgeous xx

Thanks ladies..

xx

:thumbup:

Izzie is simply gorgeous xx

Thank you, and so is Francesca :)

Oh and IMO, bigger babies = more to sqeeeeeeeeeeeeze (not that you cant squeeze smaller babies just as much lol)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->