Hyper over supply

katlin

Mom of 5
Reaction score
Since I've started getting my baby latching four days ago my supply is increasing daily and she won't stay on long enough to drain a breast! So I'm still stick pumping but the thing is is so much now that I'm having to every hour and a half two hours and it really hurts if I don't and I'm having a letdown happen every thirty to sixty minutes it is killer.what can I do that isn't going to cause me pain because I'm already battling with thrush for the lady two weeks.

I would stop pumping. I dont think your breast needs to be empty after each feed. By pumping it empty you are basically telling your supply that you have a very hungry baby that needs that amount of milk, so your body is making the amount it thinks the baby needs ....so its like a vicious cycle! Engorgement pain doesn't last long. I recommend you let the baby take what they need, stop pumping and in a couple of days your body will adjust. Good luck xxx

I had an over supply for the first six months. PUT THE PUMP DOWN! :haha: Not really... but, you only need to pump to slightly relieve the engorment (just enough to get the baby latched on).
You can also block feed. Only feed from one breast for a set amount of time (lets say 2 hours)... then, switch to the other boob. Suit it to your situation though. You may only be able to block feed for an hour... or as long as 4 hours.
But pumping is the culprit. I would say pump NO MORE then 1/2 ounce at a time. Let everything else spray into a towel.
https://kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"