Hyperemesis affect labour/birth?

Discussion in 'Gestational Complications' started by Amelia Pond, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Amelia Pond

Amelia Pond Well-Known Member

I have suffered from pretty bad hyperemesis from week 5 of this pregnancy, I am still taking ondansetron. I have been in and out of hospital and some days can hardly lift my head off the pillow....infact only 2 days ago (TMI) I was sick all over myself because I couldn't move quick enough! And it has got me worried that I am going to have no stamina when it comes to labour. I get tired out so easily as I have spent most of this pregnancy in bed!! How am I going to push this baby out? I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancies, but the sickness cleared up aroun 16 weeks.....this time I think it is here to stay. Has anyone out there had bad hyperemesis right up to birth and managed fine or was it a stuggle?

I am also waiting for the results of my GD glucose test, it has been a week since I had the test and I haven't heard anything yet.....If I do have GD I feel this will just put the tin lid on this pregnancy!!! .....God I am a moan today.