• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Hyperemesis gravidarum

shocker

Reaction score
Anyone else? I’m in the early days with baby #2 and had severe hyperemesis with my first. I’ve already got a script for strong anti emetics which I’ve already started taking but would be great to hear from others

I have it bad. It’s so debilitating-been I’m on IV fluids and have anti emetics but they’re not doing the job. Need to see my GP to see if they can be changed to something stronger.
The past 2 days have been the worst ever....
this is my first pregnancy. Any tips?

I have it bad. It’s so debilitating-been I’m on IV fluids and have anti emetics but they’re not doing the job. Need to see my GP to see if they can be changed to something stronger.
The past 2 days have been the worst ever....
this is my first pregnancy. Any tips?

I’m so sorry to hear your suffering 😢 if your in the uk I would get in contact with pregnancy sickness support uk! They are fantastic and offer peer support one on one aswell! As for tips I suppose triggers are different for everyone but the main things I guess I’ve been implementing this time based on previous pregnancy is
- never miss meds by even ten minutes, time them perfectly and don’t think that a few good days means it’s ok
- forcing myself to eat something small every 2 hours
- eat or drink whatever your craving and don’t worry about how healthy it is
- rest rest rest. It’s probably overstated but it can’t be underestimated. Take every bit of help possible and don’t push yourself because bed for 3 days isn’t worth hoovering the hallway

Thanks so much for this message Shocker. Hope you’re keeping ok :)

Me! I’m 8+3 with my 3rd and I am struggling a lot. I’m so tired of it. And depressed and don’t want to feel like this any more.

Hello,
I have hyperemesis now. I am 15 weeks and it has gotten better but I still can't really leave the house because movement is a huge trigger for me. I am on 3 different medications that do help so that I dont throw up but I am still nauseous. I hate this and wont be doing it again. This is my 4th pregnancy but I only have 1 daughter. I had an ectopic and lost one. I was pretty sick with my daughter and I knew this pregnancy would be hard but I really wanted one more. I feel horrible for anyone that has to go through this. It is so hard. I will be glad when this is all over. I have been just taking it 1 day at a time.

Hello,
I have hyperemesis now. I am 15 weeks and it has gotten better but I still can't really leave the house because movement is a huge trigger for me. I am on 3 different medications that do help so that I dont throw up but I am still nauseous. I hate this and wont be doing it again. This is my 4th pregnancy but I only have 1 daughter. I had an ectopic and lost one. I was pretty sick with my daughter and I knew this pregnancy would be hard but I really wanted one more. I feel horrible for anyone that has to go through this. It is so hard. I will be glad when this is all over. I have been just taking it 1 day at a time.

Hey schultie18, im sorry to hear you’re having such a crap time too. Im now 16 weeks and still on 5 different medications and off work.
The strain it takes on your mental health is unbelievable, I’ve really struggled in fact, I’m still really struggling with the whole thing. I feel like I’ve been stripped away of my personality ☹️ It’s just been miserable. Here’s hoping the next trimester passes quickly for us.

Hello,

Hey schultie18, im sorry to hear you’re having such a crap time too. Im now 16 weeks and still on 5 different medications and off work.
The strain it takes on your mental health is unbelievable, I’ve really struggled in fact, I’m still really struggling with the whole thing. I feel like I’ve been stripped away of my personality ☹️ It’s just been miserable. Here’s hoping the next trimester passes quickly for us.

Me! I’m 8+3 with my 3rd and I am struggling a lot. I’m so tired of it. And depressed and don’t want to feel like this any more.

Did u have it with your previous pregnancies lovely? I only had nausea with my 2 previous ones, This one I can't keep water down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"