hyperovulation and breastfeeding

sugaplumx27

Reaction score
This post is NOT about trying to conceive twins!!

Ok...so ive been charting this cycle, dh had bee out of town but came back the day I was scheduled to be ovulating. (Thursday)

Well I got a temp spike on wed. And again Thursday.
(indicating I actually ovulatef on tuesday) well he came home thursday and we dtd.

Another temp spike today Friday, confirming ovulation occurred.

im still breastfeeding my 15 month old.

Twins "run in my family." (My mother conceived twins and my grandmother was a twin and there was another set somewhere. ....all of which im 90% sure were all fraternal.

So hyperovulation may run in the fam.

Ive heard breastfeeding can cause hyperovulation as well, and the release of more then one egg is essentially the only way tp conceive "after" ovulation occurred.

Has anyone conceived this way? Im just trying to see what chance I might have!!!!

Thanks for any input!

I conceived both my successful pregnancies on multiple ov cycles and had two CL's with each.
My last pregnancy was my first egg PP while still bfing, but we sadly lost the baby at 10w due to unknown reasons. I had only one CL this time on my scans.

FF says that if you do have multiple ovulation it happens within a 24hr period and that it isn't shown on charts: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Multiple-ovulation.html

Triphasic charts are fairly common but this is one jump at ovulation and then a second 7-10 days later, which doesn't quite work with you.

I'd say that you either ovulated on Tuesday and your temps just took a few days to reach the peak, or that you didn't ovulate until Thursday/Friday, and the previous increase wasn't related to ovulation.

You might also find that your temperature goes down again tomorrow (but remains above the coverline), so that today's reading was just a high/fluke reading.

Having said that, twins are more common when breastfeeding for some reason...

What was your CM doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->