Hyperventilating big time!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Hi ladies, in a nutshell going a few months back we said ww were going to ntnp but we only did it for like a month then decided we weren't ready to have number 4 yet and we would wait a year. 12 days ago we dtd and the condom broke! I didn't want to take any chances so got a morning after pill which i took 3 hours afterwards. Out of curiosity today i found an internet cheapie and did it out of boredom really! Looked like there was slight something there but i know how unpredictable they can be so i went and got a frer.. low and behold.. 2 pink lines clear as day!!!! I am in such shock and im panicking like crazy as my youngest will just be 2 when its born. Im so frightened about coping. My OH works on an oil rig for 3 week trips too so im flipping out. I thought that pill would of worked sfter i took it so soon how did this happen?!! X

Just to add my reason for deciding against having an other one just yet if ever, is because i suffer such awful anxiety for which im undergoing therapy and even hypnosis so i wanted to get all that sorted before even considering extending my family. I came off medication for it 3 months ago x

Ah congratulations hun! I think the map works by delaying ovulation but you must have already ovulated, looks like little one was just meant to be ☺

Thank you so much for the reply! I know ill be calmer and happier once i get over the shock im sure. I feel so guilty that im not jumping for joy. But its only because of this god damn anxiety im worried its going to make ne even worse being pregnant. I will not take meds while pregnant xx

Its understandable, its just a shock and will take a bit of getting used to! Ive had a couple of little surprises ;) so can relate, but wouldn't chsnge them for the world. I would make a gp appt to talk through your anxiety they may recommend CBT or the likes x

Yeah ive been in and out the doctors since 09 now! Been on courses which havent changed much so i now pay privately for a therapist who lives round the corner from me. It is helping but not an overnight process im hoping ill be much better in 9 months time! X

You are already a mom 3 times over so trust me, you have this. You can do it and more than that – you can thrive as you do it. This was meant to be for sure, and guess what? Unexpected little ones so often are the very special ones. You will love this child and wonder how you could ever do without them. Best wishes, and good luck!

I agree with the other ladies. You've got this! This baby was a huge surprise for us. We weren't actually sure we would ever want a 4th but didn't do anything permanent to deter it so here we are :) I was super shocked and even depressed at first.. Very overwhelmed because I felt like we had so many changes we would have to make and it all stressed me out big time. But little by little everything is already coming together and I'm now very excited and bonding with this sweet baby. I know he will be a great addition to our family and I know it will be the same for yours! Our youngest will also just be 2 so I get the concern but honestly our first two are almost exactly 2 years apart and are so close to each other that I'm excited the youngest might also have that. My advice is to take your time. You don't have to be ok yet.. I cried a lot at first and that was what I needed to get over the shock. Do what you can to relax and take care of you. I know how hard that is with little ones but if you ever get a chance to do something for you... A bath, walk, nap, reading a book... Whatever it is that helps you relax and absorb the news. Even if you aren't yet, the excitement will come and so will the bonding :)

Congratulations BTW :) what a special surprise!

Thank you so much for your lovely replies ladies im already starting to get excited now after talking it out with PH numerous times lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->