Hypnobirthing anyone?

Freya

Toddler and baby
Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

Not spent a great deal of time in this forum due being a busy bee lately and also probably because I'm in denial I'm in 3rd tri already :shock:

Just wondering if any of you guys were hypnobirthing at all?? Either reading the book, using a cd or taking a course.... Would love to hear your experiences if you are. I went for my 1st class today and really loved it! Got three more sessions to go, and lots of homework to do!! But felt really positive about it :happydance: already feel less anxious about giving birth!

xxx

I've not been looking into it but I think Carries has...

My Aunt is a hypobirthing teacher and is really keen for me to get involved but I haven't yet. Do you know any good websites?

I did Hypnobirthing, both read the book and did a course. TBH I don't think the course taught me anything that the book didn't. I didn't use any of the relaxation techniques, as I didn't think they helped. But I did breathe my baby down as they tell you to which i think helped greatly. If you are able to use the elaxation techniques then i'm sure it would be alot better and more worthwhile

I did 2 classes of the course. But didnt find it helpful at all. Ok it relaxed me a bit but that was it. So i couldnt justify paying the money just for this :) XxxX

I don't know much about it but would be interested in getting a CD or downloading something to my i-pod if you know any good ones!

I researched it and bought the book. I think if I could have afforded the classes it would have been better for me so Ill be interested to hear if they help in labour. I really need to hear and see someone else doing something before it sinks in so I felt a bit overwhelmed trying to do it on the book alone.

I have found a great book though called 'birth Skills' by Juju Sundin which has very practical tips on how to manage pain in labour. Im finding that much easier to digest.

Look forward to hearing how it all goes!!

I'm signed up to do a course starting next month :D It was recommended by a midwife friend of mine. I'm keen to see how it goes and will be reporting back x

mmmmm, no, classes aren't cheap for sure. Luckilly for me I've had a well timed back pay, pay out at work so gave me a few extra pennies I wouldn't normally have. It's a gamble to be fair, but after talking to OH and with me knowing what a state I may get into we thought some peace of mind and a sense of being more in control might be worth it's weight in gold!

My Aunt is a hypobirthing teacher and is really keen for me to get involved but I haven't yet. Do you know any good websites?

https://www.easierbirth.co.uk/ this is where I'm going, but there is a lot og general information on the website about the technique and theory behind it - hope it helps! xxx

I don't know much about it but would be interested in getting a CD or downloading something to my i-pod if you know any good ones!

I've been given a CD of background music so far, plus a 'script' for my OH to read during playing it every other day leading to the birth. SO not sure if the back ground stuff will be of particular help. I think we're due another CD though, one with Marie Mongon talking on it, if it's any good I'll send a link or try and do something technical :shock: to send it on.

Great book tip CARRIES - I'll have a look at it myself. I think we've all just got to go with whatever feels right! It'll be interesting to 'compare notes' after the births!! I bet most plans go out the window!

xxx

I'm signed up to do a course starting next month :D It was recommended by a midwife friend of mine. I'm keen to see how it goes and will be reporting back x

Great to hear of a m/w recommending the course!! Hope it goes as well for you!
xxxx

Thanks Freya, I've ordered a CD and book combo off the internet for now just to give it a try. I need to get started asap!
https://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Natal-Hypnotherapy-CD.shtml
If I like it I might get the birthing music one. I'm really interested to see how I go with it, I've heard some really good things from people who have given birth recently.

Thanks Freya, I've ordered a CD and book combo off the internet for now just to give it a try. I need to get started asap!
https://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Natal-Hypnotherapy-CD.shtml
If I like it I might get the birthing music one. I'm really interested to see how I go with it, I've heard some really good things from people who have given birth recently.

Ooo I'll check out the link! Yep, it's great to get a recommendation, I was the same and heard some good things about others who have used hypnotherapy. Fingers crossed our births are 'straight forward' and we can swap our own positive stories in the post natal section!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"