Hypnobirthing help!?

Char.due.jan

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a good hypnobirthing cd and book combo? I'm in the UK.. Do waterstones/ wh smiths sell them?

Also I've seen a few albums on the itunes store that I could download on my iPhone.. Anyone tried any out??

Please don't read and run!! :flower:

I was wondering the same about the downloads for my iphone...

I dont actually have my book yet, but I had a look on Ebay for things, and then on amazon, and one that came up with good reviews was Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method by Marie Mongan. It should be getting delivered today I hope, so I can give more feedback on what it seems like then :)

I dont actually have my book yet, but I had a look on Ebay for things, and then on amazon, and one that came up with good reviews was Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method by Marie Mongan. It should be getting delivered today I hope, so I can give more feedback on what it seems like then :)

I think this is what i've ordered too...left it a bit late though haven't i?!!

I've most experience of the Mongan Method but lots of great feed back about Natal Hypnotherapy too. Neither are in the iTunes store to my knowledge but the CDs are available online :)

I have to say I'm in love with mindful mammas I can't remember where on earth I heard about it from but the surges of the sea relaxtion has been my number one relaxation to listen to. When I'm sooooo worn out over colours I always listen to it.

Ive seen the mongan method book recommended too :) Think Im going to get that one :) Theres a few good starter videos on youtube as well Ive been watching today.

xxx

Hi
i did the hypnobirthing course and had a very successful hypnobirth. The book that they supplied us with was the marie mongan method in hypnobirthing.

I'm half way through this book and am SO inspired! Its v easy to read, v informative and makes perfect sense to me! I don't always find reading non fiction easy but this is. Good choice ladies! Out of interest, are you planning on partaking in a course or just following the book and CDs? X

You can get the natal hypnotherapy ones on ebay for about £10

Those are the ones i've been looking at. Not sure how good they are though.

I am probably just going to follow the book and CD's, but a good friend of mine is a hypnotherapist so might get some coaching off of him.

How is everyone finding the book?

https://www.amazon.com/HypnoBirthin...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294957939&sr=1-1 :thumbup::thumbup:

I am using Hypnobirthing by Marie Mongan. I can't believe how much sense everything makes that I read in there.

Hi everyone, like others have said I'm keen to reduce the fear of labour and have as natural and stress-free a brirth as possible (it's my first pregnancy).

I've got the Hypnobirthing book and it's so interesting and a really different perspective on giving birth which is much more positive.

Is it possible to just use the CD's and book and practice loads but not go to the classes? Will it work without the classes?

Thanks so much.

I have just been given Effective Birth Preparation-your practical guide to a better birth- by Maggie Howell (founder of natal hypnotherapy). it is really great. My SIL who is a MW sent it to me. i would also like to get some of the cds to go with it. We are still thinking of doing the course with some trained hypnotherapists, but not sure whether to go with the course or the book only. The book is a really good companion. does anyone have any thoughts about whether you can just follow the book and cds rather than going on a course??

I posted the other day about a work from home program if courses arent an option for you....

Home Study Hypno

Hi all, my hypnobirthing instructor, apparently before she became trained and fully aware of hypnobirthing, taught herself from the book. She was 37 weeks pregnant when she stumbled across hypnobirthing and had a very good labour. This inspired her to become a hypnobirthing instructor. I think as long as you put in the training the book has everything you need to know.

Hi all, my hypnobirthing instructor, apparently before she became trained and fully aware of hypnobirthing, taught herself from the book. She was 37 weeks pregnant when she stumbled across hypnobirthing and had a very good labour. This inspired her to become a hypnobirthing instructor. I think as long as you put in the training the book has everything you need to know.

I completely agree. I just know myself well enough that I've never been much of a self teacher. I can read and read and read the same thing but it doesn't make sense. Taking the classes for me made it more a hands on approach and I was able to ask questions about some of the relaxations that were confusing me and making me a bit overwhelmed with everything. In the end though that's why I knew I would need a class because I usually am so hands on. Where as Hubby probably would have been fine and still a great birthing partner with just the book. I think it's definitely whatever you can handle and are most comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->