hypnobirthing...where to start?

i started with using this
https://www.nctshop.co.uk/Natal-Hypnotherapy-Programme-Home-Birth/productinfo/1956/

I googled hypnobirthing in my area and emailed a lady who does classes. It's £200 for 4 classes for me & dh to attend. She provides a book and cd. She said to start as early in your pg as possible so you can practive the cd at home as much as possible.

You can also DIY - you can get the book & cd from ebay and amazon and learn yourself at home (not as effective as classes aparantly). There are a few around. I'm not sure which is the best one yet - maybe someone with more experience will tell us!

xx

yeah i might have a look around see if there is someone in my area, i dont think there is like but i best start googeling! i was wondering that if it was just the same to DIY or if it was better to get someone in to help!

I'm def trying this this time! I think I will get a book etc and look into doing classes if I feel I need to xx

I think if you start early, diy will be fine. I've had hypnotheraphy before and also done hypno relaxation cds. Although being hypnotised if great and effective, for something like hypnobirthing, I'm just doing to diy. I figure if I have the classes, that will only make up a very small amount of my pre-birth practice. You can always tag on clases at the end if you need..

Just found this too x

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/473586-book-cd-dvd-hypnobirthing.html

My hospital has an affiliated hypnotist at their wellness and holistic center. I heard about him through a flier at the hospital and called.

He gave me one session, and sent me home with a cd which I listened to every other night. It definitely helped within weeks to make me feel more confident and less anxious about the prospect of my delivery. I benefited a lot from that calmer attitude.

I ended up having a rather challenging delivery that lasted for a very long time, so it isn't as though preparing through hypnosis totally spared me difficulty, but at some point, the nurse put on my cd, and I stopped shaking and I stopped throwing up and I stopped moaning. Just having that cd on really made the contractions bearable. It was very impressive. I think that, had I been in a home environment instead of in the hospital (where I was constantly interrupted for monitoring and such), I could have played it on constant loop for a while and gotten more respite out of it.

I would definitely recommend hypnosis to any woman preparing for childbirth. It certainly won't do any harm, and it might very well help relax you, which is such an incredible help.

I did a bit of research first to see if it was really worth it, or just a bit of fluff. Well I can vouch it's definitely NOT fluff. And I personally wouldn't have been able to do it without my classes. DH and I had 5 private 2:30 hour sessions with our hypno-practioner and they were the best thing that I could have done for my pregnancy.

Not only was I able to fully understand everything. (I had LOADS of questions regarding the hypno techniques that I would read in the book. They got me so overwhelmed I remember crying at one session :blush:) That's just me though, I'm more a hands on learner than a reader. But not only was I able to fully understand the techniques through her showing me personally. I was also able to ask her birthing questions in general. She's actually the reason I have enough confidence to now have a homebirth! I never thought I would until talking with her and being able to ask her so many questions. She's helped me understand even small things like delivering the placenta (Something they never show you in the movies!)

My practitioner also happened to be a trained hypnotherapist so I don't know if that made things different but she was amazing at getting me to let go of my fears. Something I could never have done on my own.

And more importantly she gave my DH the confidence that he could do this as well. It's one thing for me to tell him and for him to read a book. But hearing first hand accounts and getting able to ask questions himself made him so much more relaxed. He's like a completely different person than when I was first pregnant.

Hi

I've been doing Natal Hypnotherapy from about 20 weeks in this pregnancy. I started with the pregnancy relaxation tracks 3-4 times a week then moved onto the birth preparation ones from 30 weeks, which I've been listening to about 3 times a week until 36 weeks then I've been trying to do it every other day since then.

I've found it's helped me relax much more than I would've without it as we've had such a lot going on in our family this last few months.

On the Natal Hypnotherapy birth preparation tracks it talks about your pain dial and how to turn it down. I've used it a few times during this pregnancy because I've had a few days where I've had really bad stomach cramps when out and about and it's worked.

If you read about Natal Hypnotherapy and Hypnobirthing, the first is derived in the UK and the second in the US.

I couldn't justify paying for the hypnotherapy course but I've found the tracks really helpful. I'll be using the birth music ones during labour and delivery.

HTH:flower:
xx

I am TTC at the moment but i did hear about this and will defo be trying it when i am pregnant. It certainly sounds like it is worth a shot and everyone i know who has tried it says it was helpful

I've replied in the other thread - sorry missed this on my phone!

This is the classes for Hypnobirthing

https://www.hypnobirthing.com/england.htm

thank ya! still im confused! classes or DIY? what did you do? what would you recomend!? oh wise one :rofl:

hahah well forget this one i'll read the other one! oh my head hurts the stressssss chris is back at work today! :Rofl:

I've replied in the other thread - sorry missed this on my phone!

This is the classes for Hypnobirthing

https://www.hypnobirthing.com/england.htm

iv emailed the northumberland woman yesterday! waiting for her to get back to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->