Hypnobirthing

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I am sorry if I seem a little ignorant, but I literally know nothing about this, only that a friend of mine said she was looking into it for the birth of her first baby in 2 months.

Could someone please explain to me what it's all about, and if it would work with my plan of a water birth in hospital with just gas and air?

Thank you :kiss:

It works with any type of birth!

Have a look at the UK HBing website - there's loads of info, class details and FAQs on there :D

https://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/what_is_hypnobirthing.shtml

In short you learn how to keep in control through breathing and relaxation techniques. You can use it no matter which way you choose to birth. This is my first time using hypnobirthing and I'm really hoping to feel more in control during labour.

It does seem like a fantastic thing - I have been watching some birthing videos on You Tube and the Hypno ladies definitely seem much more in control.

Is it definitely something that I would have to go to a class for? Or would I be OK just buying books and a cd?

Also I have heard very good things about Natal Hypnotherapy, does anyone know anything about this system and whether it's very different to the Mongan method?

Thank you!

Oh yes Merv's Mum! I shall be putting in some orders with you in the next couple of months - adore your bits and bobs :happydance:

OH! Thank you MS!

You dont NEED to go to the classes but of course people do sometimes find they 'learn' better that way. I think the practitioners styles vary a lot and some people find they are really glad they did the classes and others feel they'd have managed just find without.

x

I left a comment on you FB page when you have a minute :D

I think I am going to go with the Natal method and get some cd's after Christmas to see what I think!

Excited !!

Looking back there's no way I could have gotten the most out of the hypnotherapy side of things without going to the classes. I was also really lucky because we got a great deal on private sessions. I was able to ask her so many questions not just about hypnobirthing but about birth in general. When I read the book there were a few times I got so overwhelmed with all the info but when I took those issues to class she helped to calm me down and show me how to do what. She also took us through a few hypnotherapy session about fear release that we never would have done without the classes. In addition to all that my DH LOVED the classes because he feels SOOOO much more confident that he'll be there for me and he was able to ask questions and get some really good answers as opposed to me just telling him everything. He became so much more confident in the home birthing idea only after the classes.

After all that I'm still not a fan of the Hypnobirthing CDs as much. I'm more into the mindful mamas relaxations and I keep trying to get a cheap version of the home birth natal hypnotherapy because I hear great things about it. The book though was invaluable. The science behind everything really helped to inspire me more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->