hypnobirthing

Noonoo1

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just read the post about being terrified about birth and really thought I should pass on the info about a book I've just read called 'hypnobirthing; The Mongan Method'.

I was properly panicking about the prospect of labour but I've read this book and although I don't agree with all of it or think I will be able to do all of the techniques, it's really helped with just putting the whole thing into perspective and removing my fear of giving birth. I can now honestly say I am (almost!) looking forward to it! :wacko:

I am sure there are mums on here who will have tried it and found it works for them (or not), but either way, if it helps you reframe the idea of the whole thing and view it as something ppotentially positive, it can't be a bad thing! :thumbup:

x

The book is ok but it's sooo much better along with the classes and the cd!! Wish i could have done it again this time round but too expensive so just read the book again

I've got the CD but like you, classes are just too expensive but so wish I could do them. But it's done wonders for just helping me relax about the whole thing. not sure if I will be able to put any of it into practice though but gonna give it my best shot!

I've just read the book and listened to the cd too... theres a fab thread by Mervs_mum in home&natural birthing section which has details of an online coures with LOADS of resources and a fraction of the cost!

heres the link to the thread -

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/509198-home-study-hypno-birth.html

yeah good method, good book, just cant afford the classes so im just going with pregnancy yoga and active birth by janet balaskas

Im so excited to start classes next tuesday! I havent heard one bad thing about hypnobirthing, learning relaxation techniques is helpful for everyday life also! The fact is the more relaxed you are the less pain is felt! When I feel scared I just focus on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->